“awesome fishing trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Montana City, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awesome fishing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

knowledgeable people working and enjoying life and their job

Visited June 2012
2 Thank AnnaLeigh J

Rockport, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“this is an excellent place to go if you like to fish off shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

the staff is very pleasant and helpfull the captain we chartered our boat with was amazing

Visited June 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Overpriced for what you get. Boats not very clean and the food was terrible.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Hoelschercc
Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bay fishing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently went on a private bay fishing trip I booked through Offshore Adventures. I had a great time and caught my limit of red fish. I caught the biggest red fish I had ever caught that day 27 3/4". My friend also caught her limit of red fish, one was 31" she just had to out fish me. But that was fine with me I loved watching her reel in the big one. We released the big ones so they could grow even bigger. We had a blast feeling like we were kids again. The guide that took us fishing was very polite and knew his business very well, a real pro. I can't wait to go back again. Thanks for the memories I'm looking forward to making many more, hopefully I'll get the same guide he was great. Thanks again!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank FishaholicAustin
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horrible!!! Rude Staff, Horrible skipper, poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

This trip was awful from the start. First of all we beat the entire staff there...we were only 15 mins early. Then when staff came pulling into the parking lot they were all very rude. Before we ever got checked in the female owner that runs the front was on the phone cussing out another client because he was lost. "you had 3 [--] months to look up directions, I can't [--] help you" Not to mention if you have allergies you will die!!! This place had 30 something cats running around. I was willing to look past the staff as long as the fishing was good. Problem is we hardly got an hour to fish. The skipper took us 4 hours out without telling us. This is way to far for a one day trip. On the way there the skipper was so inexperienced he did not feather the throttle or cut across breakers, Instead he plowed right into them making the ride unbearably rough. At one point I actually witnessed the skipper fall out of the captains chair due to a massive wave he failed to handle. By the time we got to the fishing site 90% of the clients were incredibly sea sick due to this. Most couldn't even stand up to fish. Then after a miserable 4 hour ride we were told we would be fishing for...SNAPPER!!! WTF mate? Not my idea of a deep sea fishing trip. At this point I was going to just make the best out of a bad situation. Instead of threading your hook they bring you a bucket of squid guts. So by the end of the trip you're covered in blood and there is no sink to wash up. Most agencies will thread your hook for you. Overlooking everything I began fishing and caught a shark!!! I was thrilled willing to forget everything. I began shouting for my friends to come look. However before they could make it to the side of the boat the "helper" walked up and without a word cut my line, then looked at me and said "you can't have that" then walked off. I was heated. I later talked to a game warden that told me there is no limit and no restrictions on sharks. Basically staff was just to lazy to deal with the shark. Even if the company has a no shark policy at least let me take a picture over the side and show it off. At the very least tell me we have a no shark policy not just walk up and cut the line. Then began the 4 hour ride home. Overall this was a horrible, miserable, disappointing trip. Rude staff, horrible skipper, boring fishing. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I KNOW IT TEMPTING BECAUSE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR OWN COOLER BUT TRUST ME IT'S NOT WORTH IT. Pay for the $3 beers on the other boats you will have a much better time. While fishing the staff came around and said they wanted to start a betting pool for the heaviest fish. I thought it was a fun idea to spice up a horrible trip. It was $5 to enter. Looking back I think it was just scam. When I asked them how much was in the pot they kept side stepping. Then when it came time to pay up for the winner they did it in private. I'd wager the staff probably kept half the pot.

7 Thank RentaPig311