“Average”

Ranked #23 of 51 Restaurants in Angleton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Service is fine. The food is just okay and is a little pricey for what it is. The atmosphere is not spectacular, but that might just be a personal preference thing. On the positive side, I have never had a terrible experience at Smithhart's.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Old fashioned family style restaurant with surprising delicious steaks (which we had -- bacon wrapped filet and surf and turf ... fried shrimp was excellent and the ribeye was as good as any I have had recently.

1  Thank sandydaisy
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This review shows name as County Seat Grill; I'm assuming it is the same as Smithhart's Texas Grill. My wife and I had grilled catfish and fried shrimp. Everything was cooked very appropriately, good spices, large portions and very reasonable prices; service was very good.

1  Thank ernieRedstone_CO
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Not one of my favorites. Good family atmosphere. Our waitress was nice but spread too thin to give good service.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

The first time we went to this place was the first time my in-laws came to visit. They had seen great reviews about this place and wanted to try it, I on the other hand had heard unflattering things about Smithharts but figured lets give it a try...big mistake. First when our server was asked what drinks they offered he rolled his eyes and rudely replied its on the menu(which it wasnt) we where rushed to put our order in but yet three tables seated after us had gotten their food. After complaining to a manager about it we finally got our food ..which the chicken fried steaks where cold after waiting so long, and i ended up with a salad with watered down ranch. Second complaint after getting the food back the server was just rude and disrespectful highly pissing off the in-laws. needless to say he wasnt tipped. On my husband and I's return trip to give it another try I ordered a fried chicken salad the girl taking the order asked 4 times if i wanted grilled or fried and got the same answer every time yet I still ended up with grilled chicken and the ranch really to save a few bucks they water this stuff down so bad its gross just pathetic service and disappointing food.