“Happy Family”

Scottish Inns and Suites Angleton
Scottish Inns and Suites Angleton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Me and my family are happy with the sevice and staff of the scottish inn. Me and my family were having it bad and all places were out of room last opition was the Scottish Inn . We got a kitchenett dubble bed and it was very clean very spacioush. They even met my needs at night when we needed extra towels or pillows they were more then happy to halp us out. I do not understand the bad reviews on here because I was unable to hear anything and we had 4 children next to us and we heard nothing. the lobby is always open. and yes there is always only one person working but they are very good at their job and very friendly. I will tell all my friends and family of my stay and I will recommend this hotel anyday..... Thank you Scottish Inn staff for making my family comfortable aon our stay cant wait to be back....

Room Tip: The units on the far side heat up fastest because the sun beats right on them other then that all th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alley K

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I brought my family to stay overnight when our home was damaged. I was pleasently suprised to find that our local scottish inns was so accommodating. Even though they were almost full, the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed during such a stressful time. The room was clean and spacious and the "spa" tub was a hit with my son!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2010

The stay was very unpleasant. First of all there is no service, the staff is rude and the lobby is never open. The motel only has one person working there and no one picks up the phone when you call. As far as the rooms go, you can hear everything around you because of the poor construction. We were in the room for only a few hours when noise started coming from the room next door, it was so loud that we could make out all the words coming from the room. We decided to call the office but of course no one would answer the phone. After we were fed up we walked to the office, where we were met by a rude woman who would not give us a refund. We ended up staying the night, however did not get any rest at all. We will never stay here again and filed a complaint with the BBB.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dtorres79
Reviewed April 5, 2010

To start off with, their lobby is NEVER open. We walked around to the back window where we met, a woman who just stared at us. We said we had booked rooms online, and we were ready to check in. She asked, "You have paper?" We did not, but we had checked in here before without papers, and asked if she could look it up online. She replied again in a rude fashoin, "My computer down, and i am not looking. You have paper?" We were a little distraught, she was not willing to look up our reservation, and wanted to run our card again. We explained that the money had been taken out of our account, and we would not let her charge us again. On top of that she was trying to charge us 15 dollars more than what we had originally booked the room for. She then slammed her window shut, and tunred her back to us. We then started to access the internet on our phones frantically trying to find our confirmation. The woman, then opened up the window, and stuck a phone at our faces. On the other side was man saying that we had to run the card again, and he would honor the 45 dollars a night. He said if we have a duplicate charge to ask for him, and he could take care of it. Ok, we thought the worst was over. Boy were we wrong. She charged us more of course, and then screamed out us in a non english language when we questioned the charges. We were so tired from the drive, I just gave her my card, and wasn't going to let her ruin my easter holiday. Online we had payed for our pets, and becasue of the shouting and language barrier we did fail to mention our dog. No big deal though, i thought we would just have a pet fee added to our account at the end of our stay like any other hotel would do. We barely slept a wink that night due to the paper thin walls, and noises coming from both sides of the room. We woke up on easter sunday, put our dog in the restroom with some water, and left for a couple of hours. We do this in other hotels, and leave the do not disturb sign up. Of course, there was no do not disturb sign, and no one answered the front desk phone when we called to tell them we would not be needing that service. We came back to check up on our dog, after some easter egg hunting and bbq. We could not access our room at all. Our key was no longer programmed. We walked to the front lobby, it was locked again. We did see the woman go to the window, and wait instead of opening the door for us. We walked back around, and the maid told us to ring the bell. There was no need the woman was standing right there. The window again slammed open, and she began to talk to us with attitude. "You Bring dog!' "You owe us, 40 dollar each night!" My wife and I looked at each other, and then told her when we stayed here in Decemeber it was 10 dollars a night. The maid (who is this woman's father) then stepped in, and explain he had a situation when he tried to the clean the room. He heard a bark. We said yes, we have or dog in the restroom, he s trained, and has not dirtied the room. The woman, then said ok 30 dollars a night. The maid lifted up his hand, and said something in arabic. We asked if we could just have a refund for the next night, and we would leave. No refund of course. The woman was glaring at us like we were the anti christ. The maid said he would let us stay at no extra charge for te pet, but next time we would have to pay. We felt so uncomfortable we let them keep our money, and checked out. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bunker70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
8 mi away
Best Western Angleton Inn
Lakeview Hotel
Lakeview Hotel
#3 of 4 in West Columbia

Been to Scottish Inns and Suites Angleton? Share your experiences!