“They've got their work cut out!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Fort Worth, TX
“They've got their work cut out!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Every time we stay in this somewhat newish LQ, there are more things to improve upon. First of all, we had to pay twice the price as normal due to a chemical plant rehab. I used all my LQ points to buy down the 1st 2 nights for $50, or so I was told by reservs central. But they charged us $60, and central would not honor my dispute. We were initially put in a suite that reeked of tobacco (this is a non smoking hotel). The furniture was smeared with grease and very shabby. A fake leather recliner that looked like it had been bought at a garage sale also adorned the room. Front desk was hestitant to move us to the nicer room, but finally obliged. That room was roomy and cleanish. Certainly not worth the $150 we paid on our last night. So 12,000 pts gone. We felt ripped off. The BF is just a bunch of carbs and some boiled eggs. We have stayed in older Lqs that offer protein options and run in the $70 per night range. This LQ is not near restaurants or shopping.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jaimietoys
Mike P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay at our hotel. If you would contact me directly here at the hotel I would like to make sure these issue has been resolved to your satisfaction to make sure we can gain and retain your business.

Mike Patel
G.M.
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Angleton, TX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, TX
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Angleton is a small town and there are not many hotel choices. This is the newest, most modern hotel, and the location is great. It's convenient to the Brazoria County Courthouse, which was ideal since I was in town for a probate matter before the court.

That said, I wouldn't choose this hotel again if it wasn't the only real option. The walls are thin and sound travels easily from the hallway into your room, so expect to be awakened by closing doors and running kids. Breakfast was terrible, as there was very little selection and the "hostess" was sitting at a table talking to a friend, and couldn't be bothered. She seemed pretty put out when I tried to ask her how to operate the unusual coffee maker/dispenser - which by the way made terrible coffee that I had to throw out. The room itself had a very musty/mildew smell, and I worried that the smell would linger on my clothes after leaving. It also didn't seem really clean. The bed was way more firm and not as comfortable as the beds at other comparable moderate-price hotels, not even at other La Quintas where we have stayed recently. But the sheets and pillows were good.

The hotel is fine for quick stays, but is not a place I would linger for more than a night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a nice moderately priced hotel. The bathrooms could be cleaner but overall not too bad. I carry Lysol so I was able to spray & wipe away the obvious grime. With Lysol on hand I would stay here again. It was quiet & the staff competent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
First I would like to say thank you from our whole staff for your business. Secondly, we appreciate your comments and will be addressing the cleanliness issue with our complete housekeeping staff.
tyler
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on july 24th, along with 9 other co workers from all across the state. After being awaken at 5:30 by the Angleton Police Department notifying customers that their vehicles had been broken into during the night, I learned that my vehicle had been targeted as well, with guns and misc. items taken. My vehicle was parked in the first parking space closest to the front door of the hotel, but still went unnoticed, even while my car alarm sounded. When filing the police report for the theft, I was told by an Angleton police officer that they had had numerous incidents of vehicle burglaries at this hotel. I spoke to hotel front desk personell, who told me that they had turned over video surveillance to the police department. I requested to speak to the general manager of the hotel, and waited 6 days for him to call, and finally was able to speak to him (after I called back numerous times) only to be told that he himself was sorting through the surveillance tapes to find the right date so that he could turn them over to the police department. Who knows if they are even set up with surveillance equipment! The police department told me they were not. I asked the hotel general manager (Mike Patel) to offer assistance in paying for a portion of the losses, but he was NOT AGREEABLE. So, staying at this establishment cost me approx $1600, plus the 9 rooms that we had to pay for as well... OH YEA, DID I MENTION THAT 6 OTHER VEHICLES WERE ALSO BURGLARIZED THAT NIGHT IN THEIR PARKING LOT?
My over rating of this property is POOR, and I will NEVER stay here again.....

Room Tip: Pearland is not too far North up Hwy 288 and has a good variety of various types of accommodations...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 336stevec
Mike P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Mr. Steve, I have apologized for the horrible incident that happened at our hotel numerous times. As per our many conversations my staff informed you that I was out of the country and unreachable. I did contact you as soon as I returned. Upon my return I did give the police department the surveillance video which was working and set up. I will admit this is my mistake, a member of my staff should have been able to take care of this before my return. As for the angleton police department telling you this happened numerous times it has not. This is the second time an incident like this has occurred, which is two too many. But after the first time which was 2 years ago we installed surveillance cameras. After this incident we upgraded our lighting in the parking lot, and have been assured by the angleton chief of police, sheriff of brazoria county, and the sergeant of highway patrol that our property will be patrolled on a nightly basis. Let me assure you I have exacerbated every option available to me, to make sure our guest are safe from any criminal activity. As for the compensation, I informed you that we have to contact our insurance company and the matter goes through them. Personally I would have love to have just written you a check for your losses because I do know how upsetting this process is, but as I did inform you we have a standard operating procedure our company makes us follow. Once again I want to apologize for this horrendous incident .

Mike Patel
G.M.
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Angleton, TX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
#2 of 6 in Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#3 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton? Share your experiences!