“burglaries” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
tyler
“burglaries”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on july 24th, along with 9 other co workers from all across the state. After being awaken at 5:30 by the Angleton Police Department notifying customers that their vehicles had been broken into during the night, I learned that my vehicle had been targeted as well, with guns and misc. items taken. My vehicle was parked in the first parking space closest to the front door of the hotel, but still went unnoticed, even while my car alarm sounded. When filing the police report for the theft, I was told by an Angleton police officer that they had had numerous incidents of vehicle burglaries at this hotel. I spoke to hotel front desk personell, who told me that they had turned over video surveillance to the police department. I requested to speak to the general manager of the hotel, and waited 6 days for him to call, and finally was able to speak to him (after I called back numerous times) only to be told that he himself was sorting through the surveillance tapes to find the right date so that he could turn them over to the police department. Who knows if they are even set up with surveillance equipment! The police department told me they were not. I asked the hotel general manager (Mike Patel) to offer assistance in paying for a portion of the losses, but he was NOT AGREEABLE. So, staying at this establishment cost me approx $1600, plus the 9 rooms that we had to pay for as well... OH YEA, DID I MENTION THAT 6 OTHER VEHICLES WERE ALSO BURGLARIZED THAT NIGHT IN THEIR PARKING LOT?
My over rating of this property is POOR, and I will NEVER stay here again.....

Room Tip: Pearland is not too far North up Hwy 288 and has a good variety of various types of accommodations...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank steve c
Mike P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Mr. Steve, I have apologized for the horrible incident that happened at our hotel numerous times. As per our many conversations my staff informed you that I was out of the country and unreachable. I did contact you as soon as I returned. Upon my return I did give the police department the surveillance video which was working and set up. I will admit this is my mistake, a member of my staff should have been able to take care of this before my return. As for the angleton police department telling you this happened numerous times it has not. This is the second time an incident like this has occurred, which is two too many. But after the first time which was 2 years ago we installed surveillance cameras. After this incident we upgraded our lighting in the parking lot, and have been assured by the angleton chief of police, sheriff of brazoria county, and the sergeant of highway patrol that our property will be patrolled on a nightly basis. Let me assure you I have exacerbated every option available to me, to make sure our guest are safe from any criminal activity. As for the compensation, I informed you that we have to contact our insurance company and the matter goes through them. Personally I would have love to have just written you a check for your losses because I do know how upsetting this process is, but as I did inform you we have a standard operating procedure our company makes us follow. Once again I want to apologize for this horrendous incident .

G.M.
Angleton, TX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rockwall, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is one of LaQuinta's new style units similar to ones we have stayed in before and it has similar problems. There is not adequate sound deadening used in the walls and floors to prevent sounds from traveling from adjacent rooms.. We were "treated" to the continuous footsteps from the room above which kept us up until after 1am. During the night we were startled by someone sneezing in the room next to us. We also had both the toiler paper holder and a towel bar fall off the wall.The room was large and comfortable however.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Phillip897
Thank you for your comments, I do apologize about the sound issues we are currently looking into issues to resolve these problems. I also apologize about the maintenance issues in the room, hopefully we can prove to you on your next stay we strive to for the best.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Check in person Jenny was not friendly at all. Didn't tell us what time breakfast was or what time the pool closed. They had people in the pool till 1:30 in the morning making a lot of noise. The room was very nice but the pillows sucked. Very quiet location and Lake Jackson was only minutes away. Miss Michelle was very friendly on Monday and was very helpful to us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your remarks, and I want to apologize about the unfriendliness of the front desk agent. This is not how we strive to treat our guest. Also, about the people in the pool until 1:30 am we are letting our staff know to check the pool periodically for people in the pool after hours. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to prove to you that next time these issues will not happen again.

Milton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband, our two full-grown golden retrievers, and I stayed at this La Quinta from Friday, May 11 to Sunday, May 13, 2012. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous upon check-in, and even had fresh baked cookies! Our room was on the third floor and pleasantly quiet. There are open fields on two sides of the hotel, so our dogs felt free to take care of business, as they were not limited to the small, landscaped pieces of grass. The room itself was very clean and of much higher quality than most other La Quinta Inns we have stayed at in the past. The bathroom had granite counter tops and granite walls in the shower. Again, everything was very clean and our stay was delightfully comfortable. We had a room with two queen beds, which felt like it would have been ample room for four adults to stay in. The bed itself was comfortable and again, VERY clean - no feeling/smell/look of dirt or mustiness. We did spend time in the hot tub on Saturday night and it was quite pleasant, no complaints there. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was extremely generous for a La Quinta, including a coffee machine (select your brew strength and flavoring), pastries, yogurt, bagels, toast, waffles, and juice. The purpose of our trip was for me to get my PADI Scuba Certification at Mammoth Lake in Lake Jackson. We chose the Angleton La Quinta over the Clute La Quinta based on TripAdvisor reviews. The extra 10 minute drive was WELL worth it for the cleanliness and niceness of this hotel. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your kind remarks, we hope to see you again soon.

Angleton, TX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton
TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson Clute
Ocean Village Hotel
Ocean Village Hotel
#1 of 2 in Surfside Beach
Baymont Inn & Suites Clute
Best Western PLUS Lake Jackson Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton? Share your experiences!