“Great Stay”

Best Western Angleton Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Excellent hotel, very clean, friendly staff and delicious breakfast. Pool and property are immaculately maintained. Highly recommend staying here if you're in the area, location is convenient to Houston and nearby attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank nbarizona

Reviewed June 25, 2012

First of all, this is a motel, not a hotel. You drive in the back and park your car if front of the room door. I arrived here way past midnight and found the receptionist in a secure bullet-proof glass enclosure. I am of course concerned about the well-being of the staff, and would certainly not have liked to see them in harm's way, in the open, but the fact that they needed a bunker to be secure triggered in my mind the thought that, maybe, I shouldn't be there, at all. After all, I had no bunker. I got my key and drove to the back, to find a room with very strong smell of cigarette smoke. It was very late, I was tired, I didn't complain and went to bed instead. In the morning I found out that I had been mistakenly given a smoking room, against my very specific request. The air conditioning wasn't overly quiet, but the main problem was outside: likely a poorly secured metal street sign that rhythmically banged against its pole, the whole night. Breakfast was underwhelming, a small selection of mostly pre-packeged stuff, barely anything fresh.
Overall, at $75 a night, this was surely inexpensive, but it definitely wasn't a good experience. Would I stay there again? Hell no, I'd rather sleep in the car on a campground.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Roland K
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We got into Angleton late at night and didn't know the town so went to first good looking motel we could find - but quoted price was $10 more than it showed online, wifi wasn't working, and long ways from a restaurant. So drove around and found the Angleton Inn. Price was a little less than quoted online. We were very pleased - quiet, roomy suite room for small room price, good wifi connection, clean, decent waffle/continental breakfast foods available, and two good restaurants within a block. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ernieRedstone_CO
Reviewed July 18, 2011

After a long day of summer driving with the family, we ended up coming back to this hotel after checking prices and rooms at nearby hotels. Rates varied among the hotels, but this place definitely had the cleanest rooms out of the bunch. No complaints from the kids either! We enjoyed a hot breakfast the next morning, and the kids had a great time playing in the pool! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PickyTraveller2011
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is a great place for a one night stay. The rooms are comfortable and the AC works just fine. And the price is definitely the best bang for your buck in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TaliaT
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The best thing about this place is the coffee. We rented the king suite. The room seemed nice at first look, but upon inspection we noticed black mold growing on the curtains over the air conditioning unit. Also they take a very minimalist approach to covering the bed. There was no mattress/dust cover on the mattress, only a single folded sheet that separated my partner and I from the mattress. Needless to say the single sheet moved during the night and was no longer in place by morning, leaving the mattress bare. These two issues made for terrible allergy problems for our two nights of stay. At checkout we informed the front desk of the mold issues and how it caused us terrible allergies, and they said "they would look into it.

The free breakfast was a little below average. The eggs that they offered were in the form of prepackaged microwaveable taquitos...

There are numerous truckers that use this inn and park their cargo less big rigs in the parking lot, leaving few parking spaces open. I would hate to see the parking situation if the inn was completely booked.

The free wifi Internet was not working in our room on the first night, although it was working fine on the second night.

One good thing is that the rooms seemed to be pretty well insulated from noise. There was loud music blaring from one of the buildings in the shopping center in the walmart parking lot, and we could not hear it in our room.

Overall this inn was below average and below our expectations, and we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reptileexperts
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Hotel was located in a prime spot, near dining and entertainment within a mile, also the courthouse and business districts where also within a mile of the hotel. I was warmly greeted by the staff and check-in and check-out were very speedy. The rooms where inviting and comfortable. The room was very clean which was a big plus, I throughly enjoyed my stay and have found a new home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank jim_gayle10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton
Best Western Plus Lake Jackson Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 8 in Lake Jackson

Been to Best Western Angleton Inn? Share your experiences!