“the owner is a crook” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Andrews
Andrews, Texas, United States
“the owner is a crook”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The owner takes the tips left from guests from his housekeepers. He actually goes room to room and takes the tips BEFORE the housekeepers get to clean the rooms. Also he stands in the doorway staring at the housekeepers while they are cleaning. Stay anywhere but at this motel.You do not get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn.
Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

DO NOT stay here. The front desk guy is extremely rude. He didn't even tell me where my room was. I went to Andrews on business and stayed 3 nights; the Holiday Inn was booked (where I usually stay). The Days Inn was priced extremely high for the condition of the room. The condition of the room is gross! The carpet desparately needs to be changed out. The flooring feels like tidal waves. The housekeeping needs to learn how to vacuum. And the towels had yellowish stains on them. The ONLY good thing is that it had a good shower head. The oilfield rednecks stay here, so that means staying up til midnight or later drinking and smoke 2-3 packs per night outside with other people. The first morning I walked to my vehicle there were a ton of cigarette butts all the way around my vehicle. And there were empty beer bottles outside everywhere.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
      Location
1 Thank Jessica P
Comanche, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Made reservations for wrong day. Called hotel to make correction. Was told we could not cancel the reservations or make changes. The mistaken reservations were for 7 days down the road. Their add on the internet says must cancel by 4p day of stay to keep from being billed a no show for one nite. The manager was very rude (from India). We were already at the hotel by that time as we were there for a funeral. Went ahead and registered. My credit card was billed for the 2 nites we stayed there as well as the 2 nites of the original reservation!! Called Expedia who booked our rooms and they tried to talk to the manager and he hung up on them at least 3 times. They told me he was very ugly to them and not in the least professional. The manager was so ugly and rude to me personally. Was rude to my family as well. He even locked us out of our room because we weren't back at the hotel by 11am check out time the 2nd day and we had reservations for the 2nd day! We are now having to pay for 4 nites hotel and only stayed 2. The manager is dishonest. Will never stay at a Days Inn again. He needs to be fired! Has ruined a lot of business for the Company. Am still trying to notify someone with the Days Inn franchise to complain. So far not luck. Am reporting him to the BBB and the Chamber of Commerce of Andrews.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
      Location
3 Thank las55656
El Paso
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

One, the hotel is terribly overpriced. Two the room is nasty. This has been by far the most disgusting hotel I have ever been to. The carpet in the rooms are so nasty they emit an odor through the room all night long. Along with the smell comes with an array of dead insects. Also, my 2 year old son could do a better job than whoever does the remodeling work for the hotel. If you are looking for a cheapy hotel..look no further. Just stay at the holiday inn.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ellie05
Fort Stockton, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had to stay in Andrew at that time due to a blow out, and it being too late to go on into Lubbock. My husband has COPD and CHF. He is on oxygen as well. We did get a non-smoking room, BUT when we got to the room, there were men sitting out on the sidewalk, SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!. We took in oxygen tanks, so this should have been enough for them to move their smoking ring to another place. They didn't. We called the desk, and ask them to please ask them to move on down the way. They didn't, that is assuming the desk clerk ask them to move to another area. RUDE oil field workers. He ask if we would be going in and out of our room very much. . NOW, we're prisoners in our 'HIGH" PRICED ROOM". Then while I was sitting at the table working on my computer, I smelled cigarette smoke coming in through the air conditioner. We had oxygen going on in there. The room was clean, but the beds were TOO SMALL for double beds.
This was my THIRD time to stay at a Days INN, but NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! if I have to sleep in the car.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Corine M
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was appalled!!! We were in Andrews visiting family and had just come back after Sunday lunch. Much to our surprise the door to our room was standing wide open when we got back. The AC was turned off (mind you it's at least 106 degrees outside...) No one was around...this is the second floor. Our dirty towels were still as we left them.
I called the office and was told our room was open so that they could get the dirty towels. OMG !! There was no maid cart in sight. I was so mad I couldn't speak. This has got to be the most violated I have ever felt in any establishment in my life. OK, so my husband starts down the stairs ~ the manager ( and apparantly acting maid) was yelling at us from the parking lot, that he had left the door open, but had to come back to the office...He said it was totally safe, he does this all the time.....OMG!!! So glad that all of my belongings were in tack. It is just the principle. Must have also been against the law. .Family owned by East Indians. Need I say more ?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank h0rsediva
Brownfield, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stay there for one night. Was charged more than quoted. I asked for smoking room and told that was fine. Credit card was charged for room and then charged a additional 150.00 for smoking in it. It was already over priced to start with, but 150.00 dollars to spray a bottle of febreeze??? REALLY!!! Stay away from this place....your better off finding some roach motel!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business