“Gross do not waste your money”

Red Roof Inn Amarillo West
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The amount of chlorine in the pool was unhealthy, the sofa sleeper fits one person, I asked for additional towels and bedding it took much over an hour to get them, the hotel is very poorly maintained and the staff lackluster. (Not concerned about guest comfort). The good is is a large area behind the hotel to walk your dogs.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We checked in late - Appx 2am. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room exceeded our expectations with regard to space, furnishings, and amenities. Breakfast was good - waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, juices, yogurt. Filling, even for my teenage son. We will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Santa Fe. It is easy to find, right off I-40 with lots of eating places, and Albertson's grocery store, and anything else you could need nearby. We booked a room with a sofa, and it was not in the room when we arrived. It also smelled like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. Neal, at the front desk, quickly took us to a new room, with a sofa, and no smoky odor. The kids appreciated the pool, and we enjoyed the space in the "suite." Don't stay here if you want luxury, but it's not bad for a quick stop. There is a small hot breakfast in the morning, which is better than nothing or just pastries.
I've stayed in better, but I've paid a lot more for worse.

Room Tip: The handicap suites do not have sofas, even though the choice hotel website says they do. Standard...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Tis QI is not so much up to even their mediocre standards. Management wasn't very friendly and the rooms are worn. It should be priced at about 60% of what I paid.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was a very old motel. It has outside doors. It is right on I-40 west service road. We had to run the loud air conditioner to sleep. The bathroom was nasty and buggy. The sink was in the room with no privacy.
The breakfast was good. The lady serving tried to keep all happy, even though there was a shortage of food.
I will not return. Thankfully we were just passing through on the highway.

Room Tip: If making a reservation for this motel insist on being in the back away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank my sweet
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Maybe it's because we got in at 2am, but I was pleasantly surprised at the size and cleanliness of this I40 convenient 'economy' hotel. Free hot breakfast AND they gave us a late check out without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I reserved a room here after reading reviews, I did a prepaid reservation for two nights, going and coming from our vacation destination in New Mexico. I would never stay here again. I would not have stayed the second night if I hadn't already paid for it. Requests for rooms in the back of the hotel away from freeway noise were not honored. But the worst was the room itself. The room was superficially clean, ie the bathroom and sink area were clean and the room was vacuumed. The rooms were large with a love seat, chair, desk, small table, fridge, microwave in addition to the bed. Sounds great. Unfortunately, the upholstery on all the furniture was so stained it was disgusting. I thought surely this is just an issue with the 1st room. Not so, the 2nd room on our return visit was worse. I am not a cleanliness, germ free fanatic, but I could not sit on this furniture. Please see the pictures. The carpet was also stained. The owners have obviously never heard of carpet or upholstery cleaning. I am talking about multiple large stains on every piece of furniture, and stains (topical spills) I will not even describe on the carpet around the bed. Wifi was advertised but only really worked (sometimes) if you were in the hotel lobby or breakfast area. Otherwise you had to plug in your phone cable to get internet (my husband the techie had that, how many people do anymore?) Breakfast was better than coffee and a sweet roll, with scrambled eggs (cold), bacon, biscuits, waffles, fruit and breads. But the space available was not large enough to accomodate the number of people there and the one cook could not keep the food replenished. She did her very best and was a very friendly person and tried to do whatever she could to accomodate diners. I asked to speak to the manager after our second stay there, sorry, he's not here. so may I speak to the assistant mgr? The desk clerk said he guessed that was him - I explained my dismay at the dismal condition of the furniture and cleanliness, got a shoulder shrug and nothing else. Who cares, you paid your money, now leave....that we did and will never return.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family