“A Loud Night” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Tyler, Texas
“A Loud Night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was a very old motel. It has outside doors. It is right on I-40 west service road. We had to run the loud air conditioner to sleep. The bathroom was nasty and buggy. The sink was in the room with no privacy.
The breakfast was good. The lady serving tried to keep all happy, even though there was a shortage of food.
I will not return. Thankfully we were just passing through on the highway.

Room Tip: If making a reservation for this motel insist on being in the back away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank my sweet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Maybe it's because we got in at 2am, but I was pleasantly surprised at the size and cleanliness of this I40 convenient 'economy' hotel. Free hot breakfast AND they gave us a late check out without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2011
Richardson, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I reserved a room here after reading reviews, I did a prepaid reservation for two nights, going and coming from our vacation destination in New Mexico. I would never stay here again. I would not have stayed the second night if I hadn't already paid for it. Requests for rooms in the back of the hotel away from freeway noise were not honored. But the worst was the room itself. The room was superficially clean, ie the bathroom and sink area were clean and the room was vacuumed. The rooms were large with a love seat, chair, desk, small table, fridge, microwave in addition to the bed. Sounds great. Unfortunately, the upholstery on all the furniture was so stained it was disgusting. I thought surely this is just an issue with the 1st room. Not so, the 2nd room on our return visit was worse. I am not a cleanliness, germ free fanatic, but I could not sit on this furniture. Please see the pictures. The carpet was also stained. The owners have obviously never heard of carpet or upholstery cleaning. I am talking about multiple large stains on every piece of furniture, and stains (topical spills) I will not even describe on the carpet around the bed. Wifi was advertised but only really worked (sometimes) if you were in the hotel lobby or breakfast area. Otherwise you had to plug in your phone cable to get internet (my husband the techie had that, how many people do anymore?) Breakfast was better than coffee and a sweet roll, with scrambled eggs (cold), bacon, biscuits, waffles, fruit and breads. But the space available was not large enough to accomodate the number of people there and the one cook could not keep the food replenished. She did her very best and was a very friendly person and tried to do whatever she could to accomodate diners. I asked to speak to the manager after our second stay there, sorry, he's not here. so may I speak to the assistant mgr? The desk clerk said he guessed that was him - I explained my dismay at the dismal condition of the furniture and cleanliness, got a shoulder shrug and nothing else. Who cares, you paid your money, now leave....that we did and will never return.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DallasWilt

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Malvern, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

This motel is in a horrible part of town and my husband and I had our doubts about it when we drove up and looked at the surroundings, but we were tired after driving all day and just needed a room for the night. I went in and paid for the room and noticed that everything needed updating and a good cleaning but it wasn't that bad that I didn't think we could make it one night as long as the room was clean. We got our keys and drove around the back of the hotel, and bece more and more uneasy. There are signs every few feet warning that they are not responsible for your vehicle and theft. We got out and walked to the room and noticed all of the rails, carpet on the stairs were in need of replacement. The doors to all of the rooms all looked as I'd someone had kicked on them and hadn't had a coat of paint since it was built! The final straw was when we reached our room and walked by the room next to ours and the door was propped open and the window open. It was quite obvious that the guy was living there. We opened our door and went to look at the room. The bathroom floor had dried urine on it and hadn't been cleaned in forever!! We turned around and went back to the desk to get our money back! Don't even stop here! We didn't feel safe and I plan to report this property to Choice Hotels. They should not get to use their name!

• Stayed July 2011
Hurst, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This past weekend (Memorial Day) we stayed at this hotel, it was very clean, the breakfast was good, and only have one serious complaint worth mentioning.
(My main issue!) They lock the pool at 10pm and my daughter (8) left her googles on the table, she went in the office to inform them that she left them there and they promised her they would get them first thing in the morning for her. I wake up the next morning at 7:30 and there are the googles and the pool cleaner; 20 minutes later he and the googles are gone. I go to the front desk several times and no googles. The next morning I ask the pool cleaner if he had seen them and he said he did and put them in the office. NO GOOGLES TO BE FOUND! The front desk either kept the googles or threw them away!
I realize it sounds silly but I am a single mom of three small children and $10 spent on googles is alot of money for us.

Room Tip: If you come back to your room after 12pm, just go
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We chose this hotel because of the fine reviews on TA. Well, they must have stayed at a different place -- or at least a different part of the hotel. We are not extremely fussy, but we did have a few issues with this place. Although the room was well furnished & looked clean, the bathroom door wouldn't shut completely and the bathroom threshold was coming apart from the carpet. Room a great size, toilet/tub/shower area miniscule. The internet wasn't working in our room either WiFi or ethernet despite repeated tries by the front desk to remedy this. The business center did have a slowly working computer. The workout room was fine. The breakfast was fine, but I wouldn't rave about it. It was a hot breakfast, however, not just pastries & cereal. We would probably stay here again. It was decent for the price, just not as wonderful as some of the reviews led us to believe

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zee4
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

I thought it was great! No problems checking in, staff was polite, and the room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and functional. I really liked that there was an outlet above the desk so I could easily charge my batteries -- I usually have to look near the floor, move furniture, etc. There was also a real, rolling desk chair -- I didn't have my laptop but still enjoyed it. The easy chair was comfortable and there was a love seat too.

The bed was lovely. I don't sleep well away from home and I slept like a rock. I went to bed with a raging headache -- which was totally gone when I surfaced a few hours later. I don't know what kind of mattress it was but it was great. There was also a lovely down or down-like comforter on the bed -- so much nicer than the usual flimsy velour blanket.

Then there was the hot breakfast. I really don't like breakfast foods very much and the "complimentary continental breakfast" at many hotels really doesn't do it for me -- mostly just sweet stuff of one kind or another which is a crappy way to start a day IMO. This one had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy -- and perfectly-cooked bacon. I ate three helpings of bacon -- it was cooked so much better than I can cook it.

I'd stay there again -- I thought it was a really good deal.

Room Tip: I asked for a 2nd-floor room.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo