“Might Want to Bring your Bullet-Proof Vest”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amarillo
Amarillo East Travelodge
Ranked #46 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed January 9, 2005

Since we prefer Travelodges because of their larger rooms, I had called 800 # earlier in the day. I was quoted $63 for the web rate for a room there. Didn't want to pay that, so took a chance and we drove on to Amarillo w/o reservations. Drove past the motel and there was a huge $35 for all rooms lit up on sign. Whipped in and got a room. The very nice lady at desk and I laughed about it. It was an older motel and the carpet was pretty spotted. You enter through a hall but the rooms all have patios with sliding doors which was nice. Seemed like a rough area though. There was an incident in the parking lot: cops, man & woman being frisked, car towed away. But the clincher was the bullet hole through the front window of our building. I tried to convince the kids that it was a rock hole. After seeing it, it bothered me that the doors to the hall were not locked as the signs on them stated they would be. In spite of it all, we said our prayers and had a wonderful night's sleep.

4  Thank iamtravelinpam