“Not too bad, budget friendly for sure yet needs refurbishments.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amarillo
Amarillo East Travelodge
Ranked #45 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Gibraltar
“Not too bad, budget friendly for sure yet needs refurbishments.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at this location due to its very budget friendly price and its proximity to the Interstate. The girl at the check-in was friendly and helpful and I was given a room on the second floor, close to the lobby. The hotel's inerior nad the rooms were rather outdated and could use a refurbishment to make it appear less darkened and musty. Internet and breakfast were included with the room, a great initiative, yet during my 25 minutes visit to the breakfast room (rather poorly located in a corner of the drafty lobby), no staff member could be spotted to maintain it, pity.
I can recommend this hotel for its very cheap price to any guest that has few to none expectations of staying in any luxury. In all, I had paid the right sum of money for its value, no worries.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
thousand oaks
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Fronrt desk on 20 Sept 2013 had never heard of ADA rooms. The morning clerk knew about them and affirmed this facilty had none. There were also NO handicap parking places. Debi Anderson ,mgr, (?) is 'on call' 24/7. Why bother. ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE? I'D BE HAPPY TO BE APART OF THE NON COMPLIANCE LAW SUIT. I wonder how many other Wyndham hotels are non-compliant?
ROOM; rugs and chairs filthy. Breakast = minimum OK. Waffles hot;orange juice hot, milk warm. All in all an OK place if you don't mind dirty rugs and chairs.Lobby was nice and clean.

Room Tip: handi cap stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A bargan hotel with associated dirt. Not a bad cheap motel if you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

. This is no longer the Travelodge, is called Amarillo Value Inn and is owned by an Indian couple who may be the only two people working at this somewhat large motel! Check-in last night was quick and easy, although $46 and not $29 like the sign said, maybe because I have my two daughters with? I guess only nice hotels let kids stay for free? Rooms are huge, bathrooms huge with full bathtub/shower including sliding glass door which i prefer to a curtain. microwavw and fridge in room both appear to work, although handle of fridge sticky. Bed was comfy, though blankets were old/itchy kind, so we kickef those off and slept under the sheets. He put us at thr opposite end of the motel as everyone else, which made me feel a little nervous/isolated, but woke up this morning and we are all still alive! Good for truckers, maybe a little creepy for a single person or, like me, single parent with kids on a tight.budget, only because its not very full. If they had some money to remodel and a full staff, this place could be great!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Saginaw, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We tried three different rooms before we ultimately asked for a refund and went elsewhere. Room #1 was in a detached section of their property and we were the only ones that were staying there. We didnt feel safe and when we pulled back the sheets to look at the mattress, there were some kind of funky black stains...on to room #2. The room smelled musty and when we turned on the A/C, it reeked of cigarette smoke...on to room #3. I didn't bother to get my family out of the car for this one, I just stuck my head in the room to take a quick look around....back to the front office to get a refund while hoping and praying that I didn't get anything funky on me that a hot shower woundn't remove.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PatPerry
utah
Reviewed December 30, 2008

bed was made with a flat sheet atop a thin mattress pad, it moved during the night and I tried hard to not sleep on top of the mattress. bathroom was clean, towels were dingy, no tissues, no ice bucket liner, only one plastic cup, filthy chair, filthy carpet, walls were peeling.

absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. should have gone next door to motel 8.

check in staff were flat and not friendly

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank panseymom
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 9, 2005

Since we prefer Travelodges because of their larger rooms, I had called 800 # earlier in the day. I was quoted $63 for the web rate for a room there. Didn't want to pay that, so took a chance and we drove on to Amarillo w/o reservations. Drove past the motel and there was a huge $35 for all rooms lit up on sign. Whipped in and got a room. The very nice lady at desk and I laughed about it. It was an older motel and the carpet was pretty spotted. You enter through a hall but the rooms all have patios with sliding doors which was nice. Seemed like a rough area though. There was an incident in the parking lot: cops, man & woman being frisked, car towed away. But the clincher was the bullet hole through the front window of our building. I tried to convince the kids that it was a rock hole. After seeing it, it bothered me that the doors to the hall were not locked as the signs on them stated they would be. In spite of it all, we said our prayers and had a wonderful night's sleep.

4 Thank iamtravelinpam