“Old property, disgusting room quality.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center

La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #51 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Texas
“Old property, disgusting room quality.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Please. Anyone reading this review seriously take into consideration that I am not hard to please. All I ask for is a clean, comfortable room in a safe area. The area was safe. That was the only thing good about this place. The exterior is in need of severe updating - bad even by motel standards, especially for the price. As you will be able to see from the pictures the room was filthy. I dropped a piece of ice on the carpet and when I picked it up it was black with a few hairs on it. I looked closer at the carpet and saw that it had not been vacuumed in I don't know how long. The pillows and ironing board were dirty. The tile in the rest room and in front of the sink were filthy. The toilet itself had urine on the side of it. Take a look at the pictures. I would not be able to recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you prefer to be screwed out of your hard earned dollars. Take a look at the other reviews on here. There is a reason why >60% would not recommend this hotel to a friend. I wouldn't recommend this to an enemy!!! I am a returns member with La Quinta will not be using La Quinta ever again in the Amarillo area. I would recommend staying at the Days Inn Amarillo East for any trip to Amarillo.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MrT927

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bellaire, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We checked into the La Quinta and were given a room overlooking the pool. The hotel was completely full so that was it. The room was a tad shabby, but not too worse for wear! We were very tired. We were at the end of a long vacation and had been camping the nights before and were looking forward to a long and much needed sleep before heading home.

The pool was suppose to close at 10:00 pm

At 10:30 pm I called the Front Desk because the crowd in the pool were extremely loud and we were having a hard time getting the children settled down. The lady who answered the phone said that she was the only person on the property and that she would go and lock up the pool as soon as she could - and that would be in the next 30 minutes. At 12:45am the crowd in the pool were still going strong. I was not able to call the front desk, in fear that it would wake the (finally) sleeping children. At 1:30 am the crowd in the pool were still going - I peeked out the window and saw at least one car-load of people driving up to the pool and jumping in! Guests? I don't think so! I heard someone from another room yell at the crowd to be quiet.... but it did not work! They went on into the wee hours of the morning. At 8:30 am a staff member locked up the pool so he could clean it. (It was so dirty that you could not see the second step.)

When we went to "breakfast" the common area was FILTHY and they had run out of coffee, juice and milk. They only had one person working the breakfast and there was no way she could keep up with the demand for food and keep the place halfway clean. The trash was overflowing, etc. etc.

There are many other places in Amarillo to stay at. We often use Amarillo as a stop and will NEVER go to the La Quinta again! EVER! It was the worst experience I have ever had anywhere, anytime, anyplace!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

We were not expecting a lot from this hotel which was a good thing because we would have been hugely disappointed. The pipes rattled all night driving us nuts. We could hear every noise in the rooms on either side of us and the trash trucks/traffic driving behing the hotel will wake you up before the sun. When we went to check out there was no one at the front desk and no staff around. I wanted to leave and they were dragging out our stay. The beds were not comfortable, but it was clean for the most part. I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
brownsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

We had to stop on our way to Albuquerque, and found this La Quinta in error. It was a little difficult to get into, but once we experienced the staff and the the rooms we where greatful we found it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

Hotel room was ok. The shower was very short, must have been made for people under 5 feet tall. Otherwise, the room was clean and felt safe there. My only suggestion is not to get a room that looks out on the pool. The sign says it's only open til 10pm but there were people out there drinking and yelling til 3am. Sounded like they were right outside the door. I expected more from a quality brand hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, NE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Staying here was not a pleasant experience at all. Staff was not even at a bare minimum. A trip to the check-in desk to check-in, seek assistance or check-out almost always required a wait of several minutes for a desk clerk to appear. The clerk appeared to be single-handily operating the whole motel and constantly running off to do something. The breakfast area was a pit; floor was filthy and never appeared to be mopped or swept; food selection was very limited and not maintained (get there early if you want anything!!); milk pitchers were uncovered and appeared to have old, dried milk slopped all around the exterior. Bathroom had no bar soap and reading lights over beds did not work.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

Day One:
I arrived about 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon knowing that it might be a bit too early to check in for my two-day stay.
And it was: the office manager said that they'd had a lot of guests and not all rooms are clean.
However, she did process my reservation and activated my room keys then suggested I show up sometime after 3:30 and check with her to make sure the room was ready.

After visiting friends, I returned to the hotel around 6 p.m.
Driving up and parking near where my room was, I noticed that a lot of the rooms had doors opened and beds unmade.
Since my room was located on the third floor, I decided to check with the front desk before hauling all m luggage up only to find an unmade room.
A different front desk clerk greeted me.
I asked when my room would be ready.
He asked for my name and room number, checked his computer screen, then told me that I had already "checked-out".
That was news to me, as I haven't even been in my room yet.

He was apologetic and found me another room.
I thought it odd that he could not tell me at what time I allegedly checked-out or who did the checking out.
Anyway - I went up to my third-floor room to shower and change for dinner.
Several hours later, after dinner, I went back to my room, only to find that the key card did not work.
Downstairs I went, back to the front desk where they were again perplexed but happily reactivated my key.

Day Two:
I left my room before 8 a.m. to visit friends.
Returning around 5p.m. that afternoon, I noticed a bag outside my door.
It contained fresh towels.
When I entered my room, the bed was unmade and the used towels were still on the floor - basically, housekeeping must have bypassed my room, save for dropping off towels outside.
No big deal - but I did miss not having a fresh packet of coffee the next morning.

Overall, the room was clean, but showing signs of age.
Not sure what the deal was with housekeeping.
Free wi-fi was a decent connection.
Selection of television channels limited.
Although I went here because I have a "La Quinta Returns" membership, I will be shopping around for other hotel options on my next visit to Amarillo.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business