“Good Enough”

Ranked #53 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Denver, Colorado
“Good Enough”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here one night for an event in Amarillo. The staff was nice and cordial. They warned us when we arrived how full they were that night and they were right.
When we got back from the event around 1am there was not a single parking space available. The problem was compounded by two guests who parked they truck/trailer blocking a combined 12 parking spots ( I physically counted). So after circling around twice to make absolute sure there was nothing available, we were instructed by the front desk that we would have to park next door at the Days Inn and walk back to the La Quinta.
It really was a minor inconvenience and not that big of a deal but for a hotel that's 3 stories with I'm estimating 200 rooms, they have a pathetically small parking lot.
I would stay here again even with the parking lot issue. The room was clean and the facility overall was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ash M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Wolfforth, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 13, 2014

When you start to take a shower, you will not know if you will come out looking and feeling like a lobster or an icicle - usually both at different times during the ordeal. Luckily, there's a Waffle House really close if you want breakfast meats, cooked eggs, or any of the choices usually provided by LaQuintas around the country.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Amarillo, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This property is gross. It's old, dirty, and rusty on the outside. The rooms are fine, although our air conditioner kept turning off even though there was no way the room had reached the desired temp. The pool was dirty, there is no hot tub. This place just badly needs a renovation. I have stayed at other La Quinta's in the past (many times) and am usually satisfied, but definitely not at this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Marisol A

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Frisco, TX
Reviewed July 8, 2014

When we got to our room, there was a towel hanging on a rack that had been used by a previous occupant - it was smeared with blood or makeup or something. I think housekeeping just saw it was "on the rack" and never looked closely. The front desk "made it right" by comping us the room, however. The beds were comfortable. But the exterior needs a serious makeover - lots of rust and discoloration.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Lubbock, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stay at Laquinta for most of my travel. When we arrived front desk staff were unfriendly. We checked in and went to the room. Our room was still dirty. We went to the front desk and told them. The woman a the desk offered money back and never offered to change our rooms or clean it. Then we had to wait 15 minutes for the manager to come and unlock the safe to refund our money. Definitely not returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2014

As a La Quinta Returns member, I expected better treatment. I stayed there twice, coming and going. The room on the first trip was fine, but the "non-smoking room " on my return trip reeked of smoke. When I asked for another room I was told none was available, but that I was in a non-smoking room. However, there was no sign on the door or in the room indicating that the room was a non-smoking room. This needs to be done.

When I checked out I told the young lady at the desk of my experience and she took $20 off my room, which made me feel better and showed concern.

The purpose of my review is to suggest that non-smoking signs be placed on the door and in the room.

CB

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Porter, TX
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Adequate, obviously an older property. Clean, good for just passing through. We are traveling with a dog and that is the reason for booking this motel. La Quinta is the best pet friendly motel. The area around the property is a bit rough and unkempt. I would say it was definitely worth the price. Didn't use the pool, but it did look clean and inviting.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business