“Watch Out In The Shower”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed July 13, 2014

When you start to take a shower, you will not know if you will come out looking and feeling like a lobster or an icicle - usually both at different times during the ordeal. Luckily, there's a Waffle House really close if you want breakfast meats, cooked eggs, or any of the choices usually provided by LaQuintas around the country.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This property is gross. It's old, dirty, and rusty on the outside. The rooms are fine, although our air conditioner kept turning off even though there was no way the room had reached the desired temp. The pool was dirty, there is no hot tub. This place just badly needs a renovation. I have stayed at other La Quinta's in the past (many times) and am usually satisfied, but definitely not at this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marisol A
Reviewed July 8, 2014

When we got to our room, there was a towel hanging on a rack that had been used by a previous occupant - it was smeared with blood or makeup or something. I think housekeeping just saw it was "on the rack" and never looked closely. The front desk "made it right" by comping us the room, however. The beds were comfortable. But the exterior needs a serious makeover - lots of rust and discoloration.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stay at Laquinta for most of my travel. When we arrived front desk staff were unfriendly. We checked in and went to the room. Our room was still dirty. We went to the front desk and told them. The woman a the desk offered money back and never offered to change our rooms or clean it. Then we had to wait 15 minutes for the manager to come and unlock the safe to refund our money. Definitely not returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2014

As a La Quinta Returns member, I expected better treatment. I stayed there twice, coming and going. The room on the first trip was fine, but the "non-smoking room " on my return trip reeked of smoke. When I asked for another room I was told none was available, but that I was in a non-smoking room. However, there was no sign on the door or in the room indicating that the room was a non-smoking room. This needs to be done.

When I checked out I told the young lady at the desk of my experience and she took $20 off my room, which made me feel better and showed concern.

The purpose of my review is to suggest that non-smoking signs be placed on the door and in the room.

CB

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Adequate, obviously an older property. Clean, good for just passing through. We are traveling with a dog and that is the reason for booking this motel. La Quinta is the best pet friendly motel. The area around the property is a bit rough and unkempt. I would say it was definitely worth the price. Didn't use the pool, but it did look clean and inviting.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is an older property, but the staff are friendly and that means a lot. We checked in
early the room was average however, there was not a night stand on one side of the
bed instead a chair that had not been moved in some time because there was a lot
of dirt behind it. The next day we returned to our room at 4 to find it had not been cleaned.
Upon check out I was billed twice for the same nights. Just have to wonder what is going
on with this place. The front of the hotel looks appealing but the side of the hotel is nasty
and loud I suggest you ask for the north side of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for the north side of the hotel