“Before you show a room, make sure there aren't bugs!”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #55 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at a La Quinta the night before in another location and saw this one in a travel hotel coupon book and thought I'd check it out. Lady at the front desk took me to see a room. Yuk! Flies flying in the room and two dead insects (roaches?) on the tv table. Decided to move on to another place.
We love LaQuinta's, so I was really disappointed with this location. Husband didn't view room with me, but made the comment when I came back that it didn't look like they were keeping up with the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Aledo, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Some improvement from 2 years ago when I stayed at this location. However, the grounds were absolutely filthy with garbage can overflowing, dirt & stuff in the gutters and elsewhere outside, really pretty disgusting to see!!! The rooms have been updated which was nice; earlier visits to this La Quinta found it to be going downhill in many respects - that seems to be getting better, thankfully. However, the grounds need a LOT of attention!!! We did appreciate the people in the pool having to leave promptly at 10 p.m. - our room was by the pool!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Clean and near the parking on lower floor for wife using a walker as requested. Beds were very comfortable. We were driving from SW CO. to TX and your location is about half way to our destination. The rate was in our budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stay at La Quintas fairly regularly when I am traveling with pets because they are very pet-friendly. I've concluded that there are two types of La Quintas - the nice ones, and the so-so ones. This one is so-so. It's old and run down, but the real problem for me was the hassle I had checking in. I was traveling with three pets and a lot of luggage, and I needed a luggage cart to get all of that stuff into the room. There were no luggage carts in the designated areas and the desk clerk (who, for the record, was very nice) told me that she was the only person working so I would have to search the premises myself to find a cart. I spent 20 minutes walking around the premises in 100+ degree heat before I found one. Then, once I got into the room, there was only one towel in the bathroom. No washcloths, no hand towels, no bath mat. I called the desk and was told that (again, because there was only the desk clerk on duty at the time) I would have to go back to the lobby to get additional towels. I think it's a real shame that the operators of this particular La Quinta are too cheap to hire sufficient staff to see to guest needs at their busiest time of day (check-in hours). I would not stay in this particular La Quinta again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you need a business center or even a suggestion of an alternative then do NOT stop here. In addition there is no fitness area and again no suggestion of an alternative. Finally the rooms may have been renovated at some point but they neglected to pay attention to the restroom/shower area and they do not know how to make a bed or clean a room during an extended stay (more than 2 days). Best Western is 3 blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We liked La Quinta but this one, terrible! It was hot (104) and A.C. was broken. Very poor skill in managment.The room was clean, but the carpet smelled smoke. Breakfast was ok, coffee terrible.We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: First floors