“Below Average La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Pacific Northwest
“Below Average La Quinta”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stay at La Quinta on a regular basis due to the fact that they allow pets. This one needs work so don't expect typical La Quinta quality. Automated phone service did not allow us to contact the front desk when we needed help.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
East Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We frequent La Quinta on our vacations. We drove in from Pagosa Springs, CO and were in dire need of rest to continue on to Longview, TX. Upon opening the door of #130, it looked ok. Advancing to the bathroom the floor needed sweeping/mopping, there was a USED bar of soap at the sink, as well as, a USED bar of soap in shower and a wash cloth on the floor. The carpet by the table and chairs was filthy; looked like someone had spilled a cup of coffee and ignored cleaning it up.

This is the worst LQ we have visited and we will not return to this one again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank XLoveDestinX

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Leonard, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This is not an average or above average La Quinta location. The rooms are clean but old, dirty carpets, below average sheets and towels. The staff was very nice and helped all they could. This location really needs to be updated badly. My company stayed there for several nights because of doing business in the Medical center. The location is great for that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Jack2148
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed in a number of La Quinta properties and this one is the worst I've ever stayed in. The carpet was filthy, a dirty wash cloth was left in the bathroom because the maid service did not see it on the shower curtain bar, room smelled odd, the reclining chair had pet hair on the side that had been there a while and breakfast was minimal at best.

Bed linens were fresh and the pillows were ample and fluffy (king room) but the furniture was beat.

I travel to Amarillo on business and this property was close to where I work but I will not be returning regardless of price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bsccp
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 16, 2011

In my cross-country trip (I'm moving from Sonoma County California to Knoxville, Tennessee) I chose La Quinta as my first choice in hotels wherever I stayed.

Several reasons factored into the stay. Since I would be travelling 10 hours a day, I wanted a hotel where I KNEW that the beds would be top quality, the rooms clean, free wi-fi to keep my family and business associates updated, reasonable prices and a breakfast.

This was my first visit at this particular Amarillo property and I was terribly disappointed.

After 10 hours on the road, I was looking forward to spending some time in the jacuzzi, but they had none and the pool was closed.

The one word I could use to describe this property is "TIRED." They need to do some serious sprucing up in order to get a return visit from me (which even then isn't likely).

The linens on the bed were fresh and clean, but when I jumped into bed, it was definitely NOT the quality I've come to expect of La Quinta. The mattress was lumpy and definitely needed to be replaced.

The smoke detector had been sealed off by a plastic bag -- my son told me that the former occupants of the room probably wanted to smoke in the room so disabled the detector. The bathroom floor tile was dirty, the bathtub had several large nicks in the porcelain which exposed black spots and the water temperature in the shower pulsated between cold and hot every few seconds.

The breakfast was lacking in that there was only one egg choice: boiled, and no yogurt was left in the buffet tray.

This disappointing stay will not deter me from selecting La Quinta again because I know their overall quality is much better. But this trip to the Medical Center West property will definitely not have me returning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Urbanzenmeister
Pensacola Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on 9-24-11 as a rest stop during our move to California. The price was fair, rooms were clean, and the service was average. They also were pet friendly which was a huge plus for us ( there is also no pet deposit!) However, it's very motel like, and pretty sketchy. All in all, I would say this isn't a bad place to stay if you're just staying the night.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Courtney B
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Overall, this hotel was a decent value, especially for traveling with a pet. While the facilities were somewhat dated (i.e. room access directly from outside, exterior paint and landscaping) I had few complaints with the service or room condition. For the price, I felt it was a satisfactory stay while traveling with a pet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo