All reviews an older hotel waffles comfortable beds pets exit tx
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This "hotel" looks like an old Days Inn that was converted to a La Quinta. It's motel-style with doors that lead outside, not to a hallway. This is great if you have dogs (La Quinta allows two to stay in the room for free) and want quick access outside, but it is not quite what I expect from this chain. It is located just off I-40 and is walking distance from a barrage of fast food restaurants and a short drive to many others. It's fairly well located for sight-seeing. The rooms are clean and while mostly updated in terms of paint and bedding and decor, there's a little bit of shabbiness to the bathrooms and as "House Hunters" would say, "the finishes." The pool is clean albeit small and also slighty older looking. But on balance, the hotel really is clean enough. The staff is friendly enough. The breakfast is good enough. My only concern is that, when my husband took the puppy out at 430am, a guy came up and asked him for money. I'm not sure if I'd stay here if I was a single female. But it's a value stay for sure, especially with pets. Just be wary of the area.

1  Thank Alyssa D
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Room was dirty when arrived. The bath room floors were gross. Shower curten was dirty and we didn't want to touch it. Loud guests around us. Someone tried opening our door twice at around 3 am. So didn't get much sleep because I was worried about my families safety.It was close to everything we needed it for ie (resturants, liesure activities, air port, etc...) the staff was nice but not very knowledgeable. Asked for a wack up call and never got one.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Damon M
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We always travel with two small dogs. The rates other hotel/motels charge when traveling with pets is often very expensive. Whenever possible we stay at La Quinta's where pets stay free. We never expect a 5 star hotel experience (we stayed at many of those hotels when traveling on business). However we EXPECT a clean, comfortable room at a fair price. On 5/12/14 we stayed at this La Quinta. They met our expectations. We were very happy with our room here. Although the bathroom was small, the floor tiles appeared to have been replaced not long ago. The carpet and bedding appeared to have been updated too. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. It was conveniently located off I-40 with many restaurants nearby. Three years ago we stayed at the other La Quinta in Amarillo (on Coulter). At that time, we thought the hotel was shabby and in need of renovation. We have never stayed at the Coulter La Quinta again. I relied on other trip advisor reviewers who said the La Quinta East Airport was the nicer of the two. My husband and I totally agree.

Room tip: If traveling with pets, request a first floor room when making your reservation.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is an older place, but well maintained. Bed very comfortable, people VERY nice, room clean. Six restaurants in walking distance, more a short drive away. I come through Amarillo a few times a year, and I'll stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We received this hotel via bidding and received it at a good rate. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and roomy, and the breakfast was on par with other continental breakfasts offered at chain motels. The location off of I-40 was pretty good as well. The doors are facing the outside, so the card readers seemed to have problems due to exposure to the elements.

This was really a 2.5 experience, and perhaps this was a one-off, but the guests that this motel attracted were a bit of a problem which made the night we spent there somewhat restless. The doors and walls to the outside must be fairly thin, as we heard everything going on outside. Kids were running back and forth screaming until midnight. Around 2:00 in the morning we were woken up by people fighting outside. By 2:30 a couple of shady-looking gentlemen were banging on our door. This eventually subsided until around 5:00 in the morning when a man and lady were knocking on our door. At 5:30 another banging on the door which we ignored. We ate breakfast quickly and had to catch up on sleep when we got home.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple