“Good night stay”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area
Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel tends to get a bum review. It's on I-40 so there is a certain amount of traffic noise. With the air conditioner on it was not noticible, and had no affect on my sleep. The rooms were clean and the bed was a joy. The parking lot is huge and has great trailer parking. I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years and have never had any car breakin. The hotel is getting old, but is well taken care of. When the hair dryer did not work, the desk attendent brought another to the room that morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed August 16, 2013

NO matter how good, friendly, clean this place can be, for me if the internet is so slow ... that no work can be done, I consider the Hotel a failure. There was a member of the staff who told me that he is a computer geek and knows everything about the internet. His story is that mother nature controls the internet speed and because of the weather, mother nature was not able to give better service. However, I went next door at Wendy's and the internet was working without any problems. And I think that mother nature was having a burger there.

Room Tip: Internet does not work. If you need internet service, you can go to Denny's or Wendy's
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Older exterior door motel that was fine for the night stay. It shares the block with a Taco Bell, Wendy's, and Denny's so you'll have a place to eat if you just want to walk. Otherwise it was clean but old. Breakfast was meager and the breakfast room was barely more than the original waiting room and the rear hall. For just passing through it was alright but if I were staying longer I would go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Xeranar
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is really a motel, not hotel. Doors lead out directly to parking lot and the outside is very dated. We were woken up before 5:30 am by idling bus outside our room. The room itself was very nice and clean, but the faucet in the bath dripped all night. The beds were very comfortable free wifi was great. Overall, this was fine for a quick stay with our cat on our way to somewhere else.

1  Thank Christine I
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We needed a place to stay pretty quick during a road trip. We got a great rate on Hotwire and stayed here. We checked in after midnight, slept, ate the breakfast and left. The room was clean, no smells and AC was cool. The staff was pleasant and breakfast was usual fare. Overall I was impressed by this La Quinta, it is older but decent. The toilet was leaking but I was able to fix it myself without messing with the front office.

1  Thank myocastor1
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Another hotel with no elevator. I called this reservation in and specifically asked if there was an elevator; when told no, I requested a room on the ground floor. Got there and we were on 2nd floor! They were nice, changed the room for us, a handicap room, same rate, but if there hadn't been one available we'd have been out of luck. Very irritating! That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
The room was very nice, clean, with all the usual accoutrements; king size bed was wonderful, WiFi worked fine, no charge, parking convenient and also free. Didn't try the pool but it looked nice. There was some noise from other guests but nothing to complain about. Breakfast the usual nice selection, plenty there, excellent coffee.

Room Tip: no elevator!
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

From the outside this is not a terribly attractive facility. However the room was clean, good size, and well outfitted. The door had been kicked in at least once, but was repaired. Our room directly faced a drive through line at a Wendy's or similar fast food restaurant, less than 30 yards away. One might expect that would be terribly noisy, but with the air conditioning unit going, it wasn't a noise problem. After leaving some shoes in the room I called a day later. The front desk person took my number and promised to call back after consulting with housekeeping to see if they found them. I never heard back. Thus, I rate the service as poor.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask not to be in the wing that faces the drive-through lane in the adjacent fast foo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple