“best la quinta in amarillo”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Houston, Texas
“best la quinta in amarillo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although it is not an Inn & Suites, it is the best La Quinta in Amarillo for comfort and cleanliness.
Stayed one night on our way to Denver. Need dog friendly. Old property. Average breakfast. Stayed at the Inn & Suites near Med Center last year. It was horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Shingle Springs, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Trademark la quinta bedding was the best thing about this hotel. Air conditioning was noisy but efficient and the pool area was nice. Overall this is an OLD property and is badly in need of attention. Bathroom area had dark sports on ceiling and dirt in the corners. NO queen size beds are available, doubles only. Ice machine and vending area was filthy. I have come to expect much more from La Quinta and was disappointed with this location.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Denton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We've become La Quinta regulars recently because of consistency, however this one was a mind-changer. Very poor layout with "grand central" parking lot / Taco Bell drive-thru right outside rooms. Big Rigs, RV's, ice cream trucks & trash trucks all out there, during day & nighttime. Had to keep fan on all night & wear earplugs to sleep. I thought the West end LQ was bad until we stayed here. Probably will try Best Western next time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am a motorcoach driver I travel all over the US and sttay in many hotels and motels. Sometimes for a night sometimes for a week. My company uses this motel everytime we have charters going through Amarillo. Not just for the summer but throughout the year. There are times I call ahead and ask for a bottom floor room and they tell me "well we can put it down but we can't promise you downstairs room"; Well today I got relieved by a driver who had stayed in an upstairs room, he had relieved a driver previously who used the otther bed. So when I arrived I asked if I could get a new room downstairs because my sciatic nerve was bothering my left foot and I have a big heavy suitcase being that I've been gone from home for a week. They said no they were saving the bottom floor rooms for Elite customers.. The person who books our rooms is Elite also I told her but they kept insisting that I take the upstairs room. Like I have said earlier I stay in lots of hotels/motels and most places that we are repeat customers do what they can to make us drivers happy because they want our business. NOT the La Quinta East Airport Amarillo Texas. If I didn't have to come here with my company I would NEVER stay here on my own.

Room Tip: The people at the La Quinta West airport in Amarillo are much friendlier. and the rates are less ex...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I booked through hotwire and we all know the story that goes along with that. Check in comes, they see you didnt brook through them and they put you off in the meh suite. Our room had the toilet replaced recently, you could tell, the bathroom door was swollen from the water damage. The room smelled stale and musty. Day 1 & 2 housekeeping brought us towels but didnt change the beds or make them up. They did on days 3 & 4. The breakfast was limited. Heck even Best Western gives you more choices! All in all it was a place to put our heads down at the end of the day visiting family. My first time at any La Quinta was uninspiring.

Room Tip: Not really, roll the dice and good luck
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good hotel for a couple of nights. I was hesitating to stay because of the reviews on Tripadvisor but for the price we decide to stay. The hotel is close to I-40 but is very quiet. This hotel is kind of outdated but since we just need a place to sleep we really don't mind about the look of the room. The room was clean, front desk people is not friendly but they don't ignore you. Check out was surprisingly fast. If we decide to visit Amarillo again, we will stay again for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business