La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area
HolidayInn.com
$71
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsan older hotelwafflesbed was very comfortablefree breakfastlanitapetsarizona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were not at all happy with our stay in Amarillo. We clearly had a smoking room – it stunk real bad. When I complained to the front desk, the woman said that it was a non smoking room. When I insisted that it smelled really bad, that I was allergic to smoke (it gives me a headache), and that there was an ashtray provided in the room, she made some excuse that some spray must smell like smoke. She lied through her teeth and was not nice about it. The towels even smelled smoky. I asked to change rooms, but was told that there was nothing available. We regularly stay with La Quinta. But this place was a dump.

The shower head was too low. I’m not tall (5’7”) but I had to stoop.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. It is not your normal La Quinta experience. More like a bad Motel 6.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

had no problems at all here. i stayed one night with my 2 teens and a dog. it was clean, quiet, decent plumbing, an OK breakfast. An older couple i met in the parking lot told me that their "non smoking" room smelled smoked-in and it affected the lady's asthma. I didn't notice anything like that in my own room, though.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel had mixed reviews, but it seemed that it would be a good value. Indeed it was. Although it is a older 2-story hotel, it is well maintained. The guest rooms are as good as any. The pillow-top matresses were very comfortable. The room was very quiet and very clean. It was cool when I walked in the door, the AC was on. That's good after 10 hours on a motorcycle crossing deserts on the way home. Bathroom was modernized and clean. Shower was good. A limo stopped by and took us to the Big Texan Steak House. Oh, and the free Internet wifi worked well.

The breakfast was typical of the free breakfasts. I had the waffles and orange juice as usual. If they'd had skim milk, cereal would have been nice. The breakfast room was quite small, though. I had to stand and wait for an empty table after my waffle was ready.

Yes, I would stay here again. Much less expensive that some of the hotels and just about as nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank UltraLimitedTraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Burkburnett, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Hotel was great, nice and clean. Location was good. Staff was nice and friendly. Really comfortable beds. Highly recommend. Denny's next door for a good breakafast. Breakfast at hotel leaves a little to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was my first experience with a La Quinta, and had I not had another one prepaid, it would have been my last. This hotel is terrible. The room was dirty, dirty, dirty; the carpets were badly stained/dirty; the room was very noisy. On the good side, the pool was nice (outdoor) and the beds were firm. But who cares if the room is dirty. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1  Thank CincyGram