“A good nights sleep”

Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn than I expected when I booked the reservation. It's location is right next to I-40, so it is convenient. It's in need of renovation, but it was ok for an overnight stay of one night. My room had a slight smell of mildew I tried to ignore since I arrived late and went straight to bed. There is no elevator so I had to carry my baggage up the stairs to the second floor. It's located in an area near fast food restaurants such as Sonic and Wendy's. The a/c worked quickly to cool off the room, so I was able to get a good nights rest. Parking is quite limited and somewhat cramped with small spaces and big trucks. Having stayed here, I would probably not opt to return to this particular location unless I'd read that it's been renovated. If everything else in the area is booked, then I'd return. The staff was nice enough. There's a complimentary breakfast in the mornings. There's one computer in the lobby for guests but it was crowded/occupied in the evening and again in the morning when I was checking out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. I use comments like yours to improve the hotel. We will be renovating this hotel during the winter months and into next year. One of the additions we will be making is a private business center as well as an on-site fitness center. I will be speaking with my housekeeping and maintenance departments about the mildew smell you mentioned.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

old, but very clean, hampton inn on frontage road I-40 which may be a little tricky to find. check closely and don't miss the exit. outdoor pool is small but clean. hotel has two floors but no elevators. arby's, wendy's and denny's are next door within walking distance, but no convenience store or gas station. rooms clean, but no fridge and microwave. typical breakfast without specials. neighborhood looked safe. typical roadside motel without frills. ok stay for one night only.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Lindsey S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. We always try to provide our guests with the best stay possible. We have recently added refrigerators to our Kings studio rooms.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am a big Hampton Inn fan but this hotel needs to be shut down or renovated. The carpet is old and it must have been another hotel in a previous life. We entered thru the back entrance and could smell cigarette smoke as soon as we opened the door. I had booked a smoking room only because there were no other rooms available and I felt Hampton would do a good job of cleaning up. However, the room was ghastly and almost made us ill just to step inside. I upgraded my review only because the front desk immediately refunded our money with no questions. We stayed in 3 Hampton Inns as we continued our family vacation and nothing but praise for the rest of the chain.

Room Tip: Pass this hotel up.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to our property. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I apologize that the smoke smell was an issue but am glad we were able to rectify the situation. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and am pleased to hear that you are not allowing this incident to hinder your opinion of the brand overall. The next time you are in Amarillo, I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you the freshness and value you deserve.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stay at Hamptons a lot, the rooms are always nice, the bathrooms big, and free breakfast doesn't hurt. The Hampton in Amarillo I think used to be a different type of hotel. Our room with a king bed and pull out couch was painfully small, the bathroom was cramped, and there was no elevator. Oh, and the A/C unit was extremely loud.

Everything was clean, and we were able to bring our cat with no extra charge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. We are in the process of renovating several areas in the hotel. I am discussing the issues you mentioned with my maintenance staff. It is our goal to provide the best stay possible for each of our guests.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This can be summed up in two words! LOVED IT!!!!
After staying a few of these hotels in this chain, we found that this is where we will book reservations from now on no matter where we go. We love the Hampton Inn's that we stayed in from Florida to New Mexico. Excellent all the way!!!!

Room Tip: Any room in this chain is great!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is by far the worst Hampton Inn I've ever had to stay in. As a Hilton Honors Member I have to rate this Hampton Inn as WAY below Hampton standards. The Halls and room smelled like an old worn out Bingo hall full of smoke and old people smell. The AC unit filter and unit was beyond dirty. The walls are falling apart and the bathroom popcorn ceiling is falling down. The pillow case was nasty with another's makeup all over it, due to not being changed after the last guest. The sink was clogged and nasty black mold was all around the drain. If I didn't have my bottle of Fabreze with me I would of slept in the car. The always gross Red Roof Inn is next door and this place should also share the same name because this should not be a Hotel in the Hilton Family or even called a Hampton Inn. 0 stars for this s---t hole!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to our property. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping team and maintenance and we are now actively taking steps to insure every room is clean and well maintained. As the new manager, I have been working with the staff to implement new processes and renovate rooms. The next time you are in Amarillo, I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you the cleanliness and value you deserve.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Amarillo for two nights on our way to Colorado and back. The rooms were clean. The staff was helpful. Our room was very quiet, given that the hotel is right off of an interstate highway. The free breakfast offerings were among the best I have seen.
That said, the other reviewers are correct -- this hotel does not have the amenities of most newer Hampton Inns. The bathrooms are functional, but very small. There is no closet -- only an armoire. There is no fridge or microwave. The pool is located between the hotel and its parking lot, with no shade or greenery.
I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay, but I would recommend it for a one or two night stay to those passing through. The room rate made it a good value for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to our property. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. We will be renovating several areas of the hotel in the coming months.