Luxury Inn and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Camelot Inn(Amarillo)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family was on a vacation and we were looking for a place to stay on our way home. So you see "Luxury" and think, "well that place has to be decent." WRONG!!! My son, upon walking into the lobby said, "Mom, this place is a dump!" I was thinking the same thing, but told him that the room might be ok. WRONG AGAIN!! We completely unpacked our car and went to our room. When I walked into the room, there was an overwhelming smell of urine. I was immediately sick to my stomach and turned around and walked out. I went to the front desk and told the lady that I was sorry and had never done this before, but I could not stay there and asked for a refund. She was very accomodating and gave me a refund. She did not ask why or what was wrong or anything, so I am assuming that it must happen quite often. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
1  Thank NikkiP74
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were so tired from driving that we pulled off to stay the night. Luxury Inn seemed like a good name. But beware, rooms are very old and smell like it. Our room needed a good vacuuming and cleaning. Just a warning this place is not a place for any living creature to stay not even just for a few hours to catch a nap.

Room Tip: there are no best rooms
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We booked the reservation online. Whenever we checked in the room was filthy. Mickey Patell gave excuses and offered to clean the room right away but I wanted my money back. He refused to give me a refund, stating that online reservations cannot be refunded. Mickey patell and his staff would rather scam out of towers than provide a clean comfortable environment. As far as I'm concerned the faster this place goes out of business the better off Amarillo travelers will be

1  Thank Bs1146
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My daughter (23) and I (her Dad 48) were on a road trip from Mississippi to home in Colorado. My daughter booked this motel through travelocity thinking it was a safe bet, boy, were we in for a surprise. From the minute I stepped in the lobby to check in, I was nervous. The place was obviously old and worn and had changed hands a few times. But we already booked it online as I've said so we proceeded to the room. I should have gotten the hint when the clerk informed us to "park where the security cameras can see your car"
This hotel should not have been recommended by anyone except perhaps by an employee of a certain oldest profession . The paint was worn away in many places. There were holes in the wall and ceiling of the bathroom. The door to the bathroom had been damaged and not fixed. There were cigarette burns on the bathroom sink. One lone generic bar of soap was the extent of the amenities near the sink. One towel and one washcloth were available to all. A closer look at the bed linens revealed worn sheets with small holes in them. I didn't think foam rubber pillows could wear out but apparently they can. The TV was old and didn't get much in. There was dirt on the floor probably from other people who ran out before sleeping there.My daughter was already on the phone to Travelocity trying to get a refund. She paid $50+ when she booked this. I've been stuck in a few snowstorms in the middle of nowhere'sville and had to stay in less than desirable motels, so I'm no prude, but I wouldn't stay in a place like this for more than $25.
The hotel clerk was "unable" to refund us the money that evening without the "approval" from her "manager". She also "claimed" that we stayed in the room for over an hour which was not true. We stayed there for no more than 15 minutes. Out of desperation we ended up going next door to the Super8 which was pretty decent considering what we had seen. I was told the next morning in a conversation with the Super8 clerk that fights often broke out at the Luxury Inn and Suites and spilled over to the grounds of the Super8 prompting many a call to the local sheriff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hd4dave
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We found this place on Motel.com, I can't believe Motel.com would feature a nasty, bug infested, stinky place like this. It was nothing like its pictures or features in advertises. We needed the microwave and refridgerator that it said it had in the rooms. We were looking forward to swimming in their "indooor pool", it may as well been outside. The roof was about to fall in, big cracks that stuff was falling into the pool. My granddaughter who was heart broken because we would not let her get into the nasty pool, thought the big black spot of something was an "allegator". The hot tub had what looked and smelt like human feces around the edges, and was water was yellow. When I went and ask for extra blankets the man was rude and it took him forever to get them, Had to get blankets to lay on the sheets due to them being so nasty, stained with yellow and brown spots. The carpet was gross, we had to wear shoes until we laid down. The walls had not been painted in years. The bathroon was gross had to clean the toilet and tub before we used them, could not us tub, no stopper, and water was cold. The door when closed had about on inch crack, you could literally see out the crack. There was no relaxation for us on this trip and we did not have the funds to go to a different hotel or believe me we would not have stayed. The breakfast they say they have well, that is a lie. Nasty Nasty Nasty!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family