“Just what I was looking for!”

Days Inn Amarillo East
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Grand Haven, MI
“Just what I was looking for!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were on our way east and stayed here for one night. I appreciate a reasonably priced hotel that is clean, comfortable and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the bath facilities were kept up with a decent shower. The hotel was tidy and the breakfast was quite satisfactory. The location is great, and the hotel was easy to find. Overall, this is just what I was looking for.

My only complaint has to do with the windows! It was indeed a VERY windy night (not that the hotel can do anything about that!) BUT the windows were the worst fitting things I have ever seen in that they whistled with the wind outside. I ended up using earplugs so it was okay but I could still hear the whistle with the plugs!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I booked this in advance as just a place to crash on the way to and from Colorado after a long drive. The rooms were booked on one of the travel deal sites and based mostly on price, with little emphasis on quality or reviews. I think for the price point it's a pretty good stay. The rooms were a little dated and the rooms weren't dirty, but they weren't pristine either. The did have a pool and a free breakfast which was nice, but nothing to write home about (ihop is next door). Parked at the back on the side where I could see my vehicle out of the window of the room (because it's right next to the hwy and not in the best part of town). We are staying in Amarillo again this summer on the way back to Colorado, but we won't be staying here. I'll pay just a bit more and find a little bit nicer place, even if it is just to go in and go to sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the hwy are quieter, but not by much.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Amarillo hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#22 of 73 in Amarillo
Super 8 Amarillo Central TX

Been to Days Inn Amarillo East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Amarillo East

Property: Days Inn Amarillo East
Address: 1701 I-40 East, Exit 71 Ross-Osage Street, Amarillo, TX 79102-4325
Location: United States > Texas > Amarillo
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Amarillo East 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Amarillo East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn East Amarillo Texas Hotel Amarillo