“Steak In Texas”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 21, 2014

While travelling through Texas figured that we should try the steak. Overall the food was well prepared and served hot and too our liking. We are very fussy steak eaters and send it back if it's not rare, but this was cooked perfectly. The sides served with it were your standard baked potato and Texas toast with a vegetable medley. The place was packed but service was prompt.
Understand that this is a small chain, and this venue would have us coming back.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

No matter how many times you go this is the best hamburger in town and the kids always start out with cheese fries, two great locations, always clean and comfortable

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I can not believe how good this place was! As a matter of fact, I am surprised that out of the 3 places in Amarillo I have eaten, they have all been wonderful! thanks Tripadvisor...:) The other two were the "real" Donut Stop on Bell and Tyler's Barbque, which is where we were heading until I noticed this place.
I dug the ambiance, the food, the service, the ease of getting on and off the freeway and the prices...all were outstanding!
We both ordered burgers and mine was really exceptional. The bun was toasted, the cheese was cooked! and melted, the meat was cooked perfect, the fries were freshly cut and the onion rings were crisp. And the bacon was cooked perfect as well, not burned but not limp and the burger had 4 slices! Delicious.
What made it even better was the guy at the table next to us noticed that I was using hot sauce and he offered me some of their green chili that he had ordered. Well, seeing that we were in Texas and Lord knows I do not want to offended anyone,I took it, thanked him and lathered my burger with it! It made a great burger even better! Loved it!
Seriously, I dig this place, I will absolutely return.
My wife even liked it!
I would get the Fried Hatch Chili peppers next time...:)
The beer looked ice cold and I dig a cold beer and a good burger. Too bad I was driving, had to say no.
Arrive early, the line at 12:10 had 20 people in it, it got very busy!

1  Thank michael m
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This is the greasiest burger I have ever eaten… My bun was complete mush… The actual Patty was tasty however it was comical how it looked on my plate. My husband's bun was a complete wet soggy mush too! Wondering if we just got burgers on an off day compared to the reviews.

1  Thank Dana N
Reviewed July 25, 2014

It goes without saying that Blue Sky has a superb burger. We had a couple of issues this trip though. 1. They didn't put our request for crispy/well done fries on the ticket like they usually do for us so we got OK fries that were very greasy. 2. The burgers were made UPSIDE DOWN. I went up to the counter to ask about that and there were three orders made the same way. That's NOT right folks. A burger needs the lettuce and tomato on TOP not on the bottom. I asked the counter person if the "assembler" of the burger had worked for Subway or something. OR they were mad and trying to prove a point ? This needs to be fixed folks or their business will suffer. I'm certain of that. Thanks !

1  Thank FrenchFry99

Been to Blue Sky? Share your experiences!