“Right side up please”

Amarillo, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Right side up please”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

It goes without saying that Blue Sky has a superb burger. We had a couple of issues this trip though. 1. They didn't put our request for crispy/well done fries on the ticket like they usually do for us so we got OK fries that were very greasy. 2. The burgers were made UPSIDE DOWN. I went up to the counter to ask about that and there were three orders made the same way. That's NOT right folks. A burger needs the lettuce and tomato on TOP not on the bottom. I asked the counter person if the "assembler" of the burger had worked for Subway or something. OR they were mad and trying to prove a point ? This needs to be fixed folks or their business will suffer. I'm certain of that. Thanks !

1 Thank FrenchFry99

Montpelier, VA
“Five rave reviews!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our family found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and we were very pleased! The burgers were delicious. We had fries and onion rings -- both excellent! And the milkshakes were amazing! My youngest daughter loves sweet tea and she is on a mission as we travel cross country to find what city/state has the best sweet tea. We are happy to report that the sweet tea at the Blue Sky is in the top two so far. The only negative I have to report is the staff. The lady who took our order was not pleasant and bordered on rude. She hardly answered our questions. When my husband asked how large the order of the fries/onion rings were so we could determine how many we needed for our family, she replied she didn't know. And that was that. It's a shame to have so much going for a restaurant, only to have the staff be rude to the customers. I will probably not be back through Amarillo for a long time but I write this so maybe the management can address these issues. If it were my business, I would want to know. Thanks for a great lunch!

1 Thank Shirley W
Channing
“Overrated”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've eaten burgers all over Amarillo, and the burgers here are decent, but not as good as some of the others. The meat is a little skimpy, and the fries can be a little soggy. The best thing they serve are the onion rings, they're always good. If you want a great burger, try BYOB Burger, Buns over Texas, or Green Chile Willy's.

Salado, Texas
“Four people, four dishes, five stars.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Chicken sandwich, chicken salad, hot dog and cheeseburger, couldn't have been better. Talked to nephews later in the day and they had eaten at Blue Sky in Lubbock. They agree, wonderful place.

Hayward, California
“Best Chicken Fried Steak Ever!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place serves very large portions of excellent food. The chicken fried steak was the best I have ever eaten, tender and flavorful with really good gravyl. The Greek salad was huge, easily enough for two. My husband liked the burger he ordered. It's not fancy. You order at the counter, and they call your number when it is ready, but I'd return in a heartbeat.