“Five rave reviews!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our family found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and we were very pleased! The burgers were delicious. We had fries and onion rings -- both excellent! And the milkshakes were amazing! My youngest daughter loves sweet tea and she is on a mission as we travel cross country to find what city/state has the best sweet tea. We are happy to report that the sweet tea at the Blue Sky is in the top two so far. The only negative I have to report is the staff. The lady who took our order was not pleasant and bordered on rude. She hardly answered our questions. When my husband asked how large the order of the fries/onion rings were so we could determine how many we needed for our family, she replied she didn't know. And that was that. It's a shame to have so much going for a restaurant, only to have the staff be rude to the customers. I will probably not be back through Amarillo for a long time but I write this so maybe the management can address these issues. If it were my business, I would want to know. Thanks for a great lunch!

1  Thank Shirley W
There are newer reviews for Blue Sky

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've eaten burgers all over Amarillo, and the burgers here are decent, but not as good as some of the others. The meat is a little skimpy, and the fries can be a little soggy. The best thing they serve are the onion rings, they're always good. If you want a great burger, try BYOB Burger, Buns over Texas, or Green Chile Willy's.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Chicken sandwich, chicken salad, hot dog and cheeseburger, couldn't have been better. Talked to nephews later in the day and they had eaten at Blue Sky in Lubbock. They agree, wonderful place.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place serves very large portions of excellent food. The chicken fried steak was the best I have ever eaten, tender and flavorful with really good gravyl. The Greek salad was huge, easily enough for two. My husband liked the burger he ordered. It's not fancy. You order at the counter, and they call your number when it is ready, but I'd return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Chicken sandwich and burger were delicious. The chips and queso were really good. The fries were disappointing. They were soft, almost like they were cooked earlier and sat covered until we ordered. Fast service and plenty of places to take a seat.

1  Thank pinkpil0t