“Large Menu, Great Staff”

El Bracero Mexican Grill
Ranked #4 of 532 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not a huge restaurant, when it gets busy it feels pretty crowded. But, the food is generally pretty good. Moving to Amarillo from Tallahassee, I find that I miss Mole enchiladas. El Bracero is one of the only places I have found that has them. Although I'm happy to have found it, it's not the most flavorful Mole I've ever had.

The menu is a little more robust than the average Amarillo restaurant. They have several fish dishes, including fish tacos that are quite spicy. The Carnitas are very good, although the Carne Gustada is chunky and not particularly flavorful.

The waitstaff are very friendly and personable. I have been going for a little over a year, maybe 1-2 times a month, and I generally see the same people, they do tend to be cheerful and happy to see you.

Overall, it's above average mexican food with a great selection. There are enough good things on the menu to keep me coming back.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The ranking is justified, great food, warm prompt service, at a good price. A real surprise after a long day's drive

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The only thing missing is the Margaritas. The food is spot on. Ordered the smothered burrito and now I can't breathe. They only serve wine and beer so if you don't mind the lack of tequila stop by. So. Freaking. Good.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Along the drive from Philadelphia to Arizona we found ourselves in Amarillo for the night. We chose El Bracero because of the other reviews -- even though it meant a bit of a drive away from where we were staying. Good choice on our part. The food is really wonderful -- especially the lamb chops. My husband really enjoyed his shrimp. The tortilla chips are crisp and light and the salsa yummy. This is a really casual place -- no fancy ambiance but excellent food and reasonable prices. A great choice.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place seems to always be busy. What does that tell you? The food is good, the portions are big. You wont be disappointed with El Bracero