“Better than expected! Excellente!”

El Bracero Mexican Grill
Ranked #12 of 505 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
New Braunfels, Texas
“Better than expected! Excellente!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thanks for all your reviews, that is why we went. Overnighted in A'rillo on way to Colorado. I had the ceviche .... Unlike any I've had.... Big chunks of fish....really good! Then followed that up with the seafood enchiladas that were grilled fish n shrimp. We are wimpy when it comes to spicy, so we asked for sauce on the side, it was a little spicy, but good. The salsa was obviously homemade and very fresh tasting and spicy. Not what I would call a hole in the wall. I' ve been in some of those! Owner very nice, fast service, easy to find too. I'm stopping on the way back!!!

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good salsa, good staff, everything else ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a pretty small place, and add another reviewer stated, it does look like a converted taco bell or other small fast food place. The staff was really nice and service was good. The salsa was good but a bit on the spicy side. The food want amazing though, in my opinion. It was ok, good enough to eat, nothing to complain about..but I don't think I'll go out of my way to get it again. There was a lot of cheese on everything, more than I would have preferred, but some people might see that as a plus. To me it seemed like all the food was relying solely on cheese for flavor. we had an enchilada, taco, chalupa, and chimichanga. I would eat here again off it was convenient, but wouldn't go out of the way for it.

1 Thank RikaConfesses
Amarillo, Texas
“Good salsa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We eat frequently at the El Bracero on Bell Street. The owner is friendly, the service is fast and we love the salsa. The enchiladas are yummy, but if you are really hungry, try the grill.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank amalawyer
Fort Worth, Texas
“Don't let the outside fool you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a little hole in the wall type place with really good food. The Ceviche was amazing!!!! Fajitas are good and the salsa was wonderful with a very nice kick to it.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JulesH2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Food... Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We didn't think of mexican food in Amarillo, Texas, but after looking at reviews of restaurants there, El Bracero just kind of stood out as a likely place for a nice lunch. My wife ordered beef fajitas and I ordered the carne asade. Both dishes were absolutely great. Hot, not a long wait, extremely nice staff, and an amazing roasted jalapeno. The roasted jalapeno was a first for me. I tasted it not knowing the kind of pepper that it was. It was salty and mild... and very very good. Not at all hot, but just right. We have now officially put this restaurant on our list to visit each time we go through Amarillo.

• Visited August 2012