“Bring Your Appetite!!!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A converted piazza hut, stackable chairs and tables covered with a spongy oilcloth greeted me, but I presisted on, glad I did. A friendly waitress quickly arrived to take my order and bring the requisite chips and salsa. Although it was lunch time, I saw no specials on the menu, but the entrees range from 5-7 dollars, so they cant go any lower! I ordered a combo with beef taco, cheese enchilda and bean chalupa and a small side of guac. The cold creamy, chunk full of tomato side arrived on a plate instead of the usual "monkey dish". I worked on this the entire meal and did not make a dent. My meal arrived within 5 minutes and what a meal! Other reviewers are correct when they speak of portion sizes. The chalupa shell was thicker than most so it held up well, keeping crispy and holding up under the mountain of creamy beans, lettuce, cheese and a round of tomato that almost covered the entire thing. The enchilda was packed full of what appeared to be cheddar, smothered in a delightful sauce, spicy but without the heat. The taco shell was also thicker and it needed to be to contain the generous serving of ground beef, simmered to tender perfection, also garnished with ample amounts of lettuce and cheese and the tomato round, ensuring a bite of everything every time. The only negative is the amount of food that was left on the plate. Do not go here if you aren't sure if you ate hungry, or your having leftovers for a least the next meal.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I frequent this restaurant for breakfast, and the main reason I go is because the people who work there are so friendly and kind. They provide excellent customer service every single time. The food is very good, and the prices are very reasonable. This restaurant has been a Sunday morning hangout for me for awhile, and I always look forward to it. If you're looking for a beautiful restaurant, this isn't your place. It's a former Pizza Hut, and is just a very nuts and bolts Mexican diner, but it's worth stopping in - definitely!

Reviewed December 28, 2007

Really good food at good prices. The guacomole and salsa has cilantro in it though. I know cilantro is a love/hate food.

1  Thank AHVMP