“One of my favorite restaurants in town.”
Review of Macaroni Joes

Macaroni Joes
Ranked #22 of 513 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-40 and Georgia (NW corner)
Description: Macaroni Joe's is a locally owned and operated establishment and has been serving its customers since 1999. Come enjoy the finest dining that Amarillo has to offer. We specialize in world fusion with an emphasis on Italian Steaks and Seafood. We have a Wine Spectator award wining wine list, with over 400 selections from around the world. We are proud to offer the most well rounded wine program in all of West Texas. We are the only restaurant in the region to provide a House Sommelier to assist you with your wine selection. We are Amarillo's Premier Dining Destination.
Amarillo, Texas
“One of my favorite restaurants in town.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Macaroni Joe's may have the best ambiance in town. It's dark, candle-lit, Italianate... The name doesn't quite fit the vibe--this place is upscale enough for date night or any special event, and everything I've eaten here has been superb. They have wonderful gluten-free versions of many of their dishes, with the pasta made in house. It is delicious, with a texture identical to regular pasta. What a joy to be able to eat some of my favorite Italian dishes again! The staff is great & we've never had an issue. Reservations are probably a good idea on weekends, or plan to get there early.

Amarillo, Texas
“My Favorite Place In Amarillo”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am in many restaurants in Amarillo 52 weeks out of the year because my job is such that I meet with many people in the community. Out of all the places I dine for lunch and dinner, I consistently pick Macaroni Joes for business, family, friends, romatic nights and ocassionally even alone.

The staff and management are always top notch! The owners are delightful and truly care if you are happy. Adam, the General Manger, is wonderful. Rich, the wine sommelier, is informative and makes suggestions based on listening to your taste and budget!

I does get busy in there so make your reservations way ahead regardless of the night! There are times that the reservations run behind but that typically is NOT the staff or management but rather lingering customers. Why would they linger? Because it is a great place, with great food, a romatic atomosphere and great staff! I RARELY have ever had wait staff that did not provide the service I expect but, again, I must say that is RARE!

I have eaten at ALL the favorites in Amarillo but Macaroni Joe's is consistently the very best!!!!

kevinAmarillo, Owner at Macaroni Joes, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Well put, as a person who dines out a lot , you summed it up very well, Sometimes I wish we just had a buffet and did not have to mess with reservations, because it is so hard to predict what a table will do, will they come in at different times , at all, sit forever, it can cause so must stress , but 99 percent of the time it works out well, so no buffet !!!
Rich and Adam do a great job, they really care that every customer leaves happy, and are proud when people comment on them, Appreciate the feedback, Kevin
“The Best”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I live in Amarillo and go to Macaroni Joes frequently. It is my favorite place to go to when I want to spend a special evening with someone. The ambiance is wonderful. A real effort is made by everyone to make you feel that you are an important guest for the evening. The food is incredibly delicious. The waitstaff is very attentive and prompt, without making you feel that you are being hovered over. The wine selection is absolutely amazing and the wine director, Rich Fleetwood can tell you anything you want to know about the wines, as well as help you choose the "perfect" wine for the evening. Macaroni Joes, we love you, and will most definitely keep coming back. Thanks for a great and special dining experience. (It is always better to have a reservation as it is a very popular place.)

• Visited April 2014
kevinAmarillo, General Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know this, and YES, most of the time it is important to make a reservation, as we are limited on tables and most of our guest are not in a hurry, this seems to be where we have the most issues , some people think that if they see a table open that they need to be sit there, and we are being rude and trying to run them off if we don't, which is so stupid !!! this is the whole point of reservations, if someone takes the time to make one, I am going to try to have a table ready when they walk in, or real close to the time they requested.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Well Rounded.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Me and my husband were on our way back home coming through Amarillo, we were hungry and had done some talking about Macaroni Joes, sense it was during the week, we weren't sure if we would need a reservation or not, we decided to risk it and not make one. Upon arriving, as soon as we came in the door, the hostess, who was all curly hair and freckles, she greeted us with a beaming smile and then attentively asked us what she could do for us that evening. We responded we chanced it and didn't make reservations, she smiled and said not a problem in the slightest give her one second and she will get that table ready for us. We had wandered in the bar just to kill the little time it took to receive our table. The bartender was the same as the hostess very smiley and all about what she could do for us. I loved how they both put us first and did so with a smile and didn't seem bothered what so ever. After receiving our table, which was in the back, which we loved as well. We were greeted by our server, Eric, we love love loved him. Energy filled and attentive. Food surpassed what we had originally thought. It was amazing and cooked the way we asked. As we were leaving the hostess thanked us, and told us to enjoy our evening. The hostess started our experience and then topped it off upon leaving. This place is well rounded in every category and every time we drive through we will stop at Macaroni Joes. Thank you for your restaurant! We will be back!
Amazing customer service!

• Visited April 2014
kevinAmarillo, Guest Relations Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for the great comments, This is exactly how it should work, we will do our best to get anyone a table that does not have a reservation, and in this case without one it worked perfect, I will pass these comments to the hostess, bartender and server, in a world where it is so easy and common to jump behind a keyboard and give the ole negative one liners, this is what we strive for, detailed information that makes our staff feel good about what they are doing. Hope to see you next time you are in town. Adam
Amarillo, Texas
“Spectacular Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've tried this place numerous times over the past few years as they have amazing food, however, every time I've gone, customer service was horrendous. The hostesses and waitstaff always seemed to be running around like a mad house, management was of little help, and when attempting to call for reservations or to get information about their special dinners (paired multicourse meals w/wine) hold times are horrible and it seems as though they don't have time to speak with an inquiring patron.

On the plus, I reiterate, the food and wine are excellent! Don't expect 5 star service however.

Comparable food quality w/ much better service could be found at BL Bistro, Crush, Rain, or Kabuki.

kevinAmarillo, Owner at Macaroni Joes, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I am glad to hear Food and Wine have always been great. But the MAD HOUSE comment,
I, my staff and some customers that have read this are just baffled by this comment ,. I would love for you to call me personally and tell me exactly what happened. If there is something we can fix I sure want to get it fixed , I will say this, we take care of the people that are in front of us, if we don't we will not be open, as the phone is important it does come second to this. we have online reservation to make it much easier for guest to book reservation,
We are not 100 % perfect, all the time, this is why want to reach out to you and hear directly what happened,
respectively ,