“Tasty food and great service”
Review of Macaroni Joes

Macaroni Joes
Ranked #13 of 526 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-40 and Georgia (NW corner)
Description: Macaroni Joe's is a locally owned and operated establishment and has been serving its customers since 1999. Come enjoy the finest dining that Amarillo has to offer. We specialize in world fusion with an emphasis on Italian Steaks and Seafood. We have a Wine Spectator award wining wine list, with over 400 selections from around the world. We are proud to offer the most well rounded wine program in all of West Texas. We are the only restaurant in the region to provide a House Sommelier to assist you with your wine selection. We are Amarillo's Premier Dining Destination.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

While traveling through Amarillo, we called at the last minute for a reservation on a busy Friday night. This was our first time here and they got us in quickly. The decor was cozy and our server was very nice and professional. We ordered two steaks and both were cooked perfectly. We enjoyed this restaurant and will eat here again when we're in Amarillo.

kevinAmarillo, General Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you!!
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. Also thank you for the positive feedback about our steaks as we sometimes fight an Italian food only reputation. You are why we do this.

Cheers

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Amarillo! We are always taken care of and this last trip they went above and beyond. We tried the Ahi Tuna appetizer and it was amazing! We ordered a bottle of savingnon blanc and a man came around and gave us a glass of a sparkling savignon blanc that was out of this world! (We naturally had to order a bottle of it) I recommend this place to anyone, as it is fabulous and we have not had a bad trip or meal here.

We also seem to usually get the best wait staff - this time was no expection. Amazing, knowledgeable service without hovering.

Cheers!!!
Thank you so much for the positive review and you are right the Ara Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc is a killer bottle of wine. Your positive feedback is such an encouragement for us. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have visited this restaurant many times in the past and it has always been wonderful ~ great food, fabulous atmosphere. So it was a natural to want to celebrate my birthday there. The service was very disappointing. Our server just couldn't quit talking about herself which truly tarnished our experience. We haven't been back since.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find such a well run, pleasant restaurant in Amarillo. We were made to feel welcomed from the moment that we walked in the door. The setting is quiet and subdued, which makes it possible to have a nice date night. The food was excellent and well prepared. We were there on a Wednesday night and enjoyed their half priced wine night. The owner came by the table to ask if everything was satisfactory, which it was. We will certainly return here the next time that we traveling through Amarillo.

1  Thank Robert C

Thank you!!!!!
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to our restaurant. Wednesdays are a wonderful night to come especially for the wine lover. Your positive feedback keeps us coming back everyday and makes everything worthwhile. We look forward to serving you again.

Cheers

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I ordered fillets (med-well) on June 18, 2013. Both steaks were over cooked and dry, so we sent them back. A man in a red shirt came to our table and stated, "look you guys ordered your steaks med-well and begin to try to educate us how med-well steaks are cook when butterflied, until I told him that we asked for med-well steaks with pink centers which is what med-well normally means. This was confirmed by your waiter at the time we placed the order. Then, he abruptly left. He did not have the professionalism to introduce himself as the GM. I had to ask my waiter, who was the guy in the red shirt? and I didn't appreciate his rudeness and trying to imply that we did not know how a med-well steak is suppose to be cook when the steaks were obviously try and well done. We eat fillets all the time at a lot of fine restaurants. This was my first time at your place because I heard good things from some of the other radiologist at NWTHS, but I will make an effort to share the type of service with the other doctors that I encounter. Even, after he brought us better cooked real med-well steaks He did not have the courtesy to give two of your first and last time customers an apology. This is the worst treatment that we have ever received at any restaurant, and we expected a lot more from your restaurant.

4  Thank james k
kevinAmarillo, Owner at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

And now for the rest of the Story. The guest in question ordered a salad, we prepared and delivered their salad only to be informed that they had changed their mind and would like a different salad. No problem. We threw that salad away and made the other. We aim to please, and do not mind wasting food to do it. Then the entrees, the guest ordered two Filets both prepared MEDIUM WELL & (BUTTERFLIED) yet another bit of information left out in their review. The guests were not happy with their steaks and sent them back. Again, no problem. I then asked their server how they ordered them to which he responded MEDIUM WELL & BUTTERFLIED. At this point I wanted to double check and make sure exactly what customer wanted, so that when we made their food a second time that everything would be perfect, and exactly how they wanted their meal prepared. That's all. I never said LOOK U GUYS , I NEVER TRIED TO GIVE AN EDUCATION , BUT I SURE COULD HAVE WITH A MED WELL BUTTERFLIED FILET!!! I was simply confirming their order in person, when he said some slight pink in the middle I understood everyone on the same page. I said we got it no problem. I then hurried back to speak with the kitchen and get the steaks out as quickly as possible because my guests had already waited on one round of steaks, and our customers' time is important to us. I wanted to get them fed, I personally served them, I personally made sure they were what they wanted, and even provided both A1 steak sauce and Ketchup , I know somewhere during all of this an apology was made. After their meal, I was standing at the front door and ask them if all was great, said thank you and wished them a great night. I probably did not identify myself as the OWNER. My main concern was to get the steaks done and done correctly. Shame on me, I suppose to some people who somebody is is more important than attempting to please your customers. Normally I would not be this tacky, but I received an E-mail the next day, I Apologized AGAIN!!! I also offered to buy them dinner anytime no questions asked. NO RESPONSE. to busy telling part of the story to the world . My offer does still stand, along with another apology and a hand shake. just sad this had to end up here,