“Anniversary Eve Fine Dining”
Review of Macaroni Joes

Macaroni Joes
Ranked #11 of 533 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-40 and Georgia (NW corner)
Description: Macaroni Joe's is a locally owned and operated establishment and has been serving its customers since 1999. Come enjoy the finest dining that Amarillo has to offer. We specialize in world fusion with an emphasis on Italian Steaks and Seafood. We have a Wine Spectator award wining wine list, with over 400 selections from around the world. We are proud to offer the most well rounded wine program in all of West Texas. We are the only restaurant in the region to provide a House Sommelier to assist you with your wine selection. We are Amarillo's Premier Dining Destination.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

we were traveling through Amarillo to Denver for a family obligation. After asking friends and checking Trip Advisor, we settled on Macaroni Joes. It was a little Tuscany in the Panhandle - what a wonderful place. The decor was lovely, the staff was so friendly and welcoming, and the food was delicious. We shared a dessert - the bread pudding, and were stuffed. Watch out for the Margaritas! Definately worth a visit on a special occasion.

kevinAmarillo, Owner at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you!!!!!!
It makes us so happy that you chose us for dinner on your way through Amarillo. I hope your trip to Denver was fantastic and we are so happy that you enjoyed your meal and time in Amarillo at our establishment. Not every customer takes the time to review a restaurant they enjoy and it's guests like you that make everything worthwhile. Please come see us again next time you are in Amarillo. Cheers!!!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us because of the excellent Italian food and the unique atmosphere. They were right. The menu had an excellent variety of Italian food. The wine list was very good. Our group had lasagne, tilapia and veal Marsala. All three were very good. The desserts were very affordable and tasty. I would strongly recommend Macaroni Joes for a quiet evening of excellent dining.

kevinAmarillo, General Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you!!!!!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your evening at Macaroni Joe's, and appreciate you taking the time to post such a glowing review. We are always striving to improve and make Macaroni Joe's the best it can possibly be and feedback from guests like you make that goal attainable. Cheers!! We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary there. We were very impressed with the food and service. Definitely a romantic place.

kevinAmarillo, General Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Cari,
First of all, thank you. We are so happy you chose us to spend this most important of dates at our restaurant. Second of all, thank you. Not everyone that has a good experience has the generosity to take time from their busy schedule to share the experience with the always growing online experience. We can't wait to see you guys at your 20th anniversary and every week in between. Thanks again. MJs

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband had had several business meetings here and couldn't wait to take me. He kept telling me that I'd love the atmosphere and the food. He was so right.
As we walked in you feel transformed back to Italy. The food was outstanding. I had the Tri-Color Tortellini. My husband had Salmon on Cedar and it too was great.
The wines were divine and I can't wait to go back.

TravelChicky 13,
Fantastic username!!! Thank you so much for positive feedback about restaurant, we try really hard to please our customers and nothing means more than when you see your efforts rewarded in print. Excellent choice with the Salmon, and please thank your husband for talking you into coming in with him. It's people like you and your family that make our business viable and a joy to operate. Can't wait to see you again. MJs

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I ate tonight at Macaroni Joes in Amarillo, Texas. It was 7 PM on a Saturday night - and we did not have a reservation - and the restaurant was filled. We were offered a table in the bar and it served our needs well for an evening on a cross-country trip. The bar was non-smoking and quiet. The tables were a good height and the chairs were comfortable.
The wine list is excellent, including those offered by the glass. My wife and I shared a calamari appetizer, and it was well-prepared with a spicy sauce on the side.
My choice was the Cioppino - which is on their menu as a Ciopinno --- for unknown reasons. I used to live in the Bay Area of San Francisco, and Cioppino was invented in San Francisco. I've had many, many varieties of this dish and it is one of my favorites. Macaroni Joes variety rated very, very highly with me -- despite the spelling error. The dish came on a bed of Orzo, with a red tomato sauce the was more "particulate" than "soupy." There was a rich collection of fish, shrimp, scallops, and an entire lobster tail... I loved it!
Although I never saw the main part of the restaurant ... the food and the service in the bar was first-rate. I'd go again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank MovinOn2

Thank you!!!
I promise on the next menu printing we will see the ciopinno error. It's so nice to hear from a customer who sat in our lovely bar area, we strive to make it appealing and a great choice for dinner seating as opposed to a substitute. Thank you again for the positive review, the internet has become such a tool in business promotion and customers like yourself that have a good experience and take the time to share that are rare and much sought after. San Francisco is one of my favorite places on Earth and being mentioned in the same sentence with them cuisine wise is high praise. I hope you choose to dine with us again if you ever find yourself back in the Texas.