“A fantastic Ciopinno (cioppino)”
Review of Macaroni Joes

Macaroni Joes
Ranked #17 of 519 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-40 and Georgia (NW corner)
Description: Macaroni Joe's is a locally owned and operated establishment and has been serving its customers since 1999. Come enjoy the finest dining that Amarillo has to offer. We specialize in world fusion with an emphasis on Italian Steaks and Seafood. We have a Wine Spectator award wining wine list, with over 400 selections from around the world. We are proud to offer the most well rounded wine program in all of West Texas. We are the only restaurant in the region to provide a House Sommelier to assist you with your wine selection. We are Amarillo's Premier Dining Destination.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I ate tonight at Macaroni Joes in Amarillo, Texas. It was 7 PM on a Saturday night - and we did not have a reservation - and the restaurant was filled. We were offered a table in the bar and it served our needs well for an evening on a cross-country trip. The bar was non-smoking and quiet. The tables were a good height and the chairs were comfortable.
The wine list is excellent, including those offered by the glass. My wife and I shared a calamari appetizer, and it was well-prepared with a spicy sauce on the side.
My choice was the Cioppino - which is on their menu as a Ciopinno --- for unknown reasons. I used to live in the Bay Area of San Francisco, and Cioppino was invented in San Francisco. I've had many, many varieties of this dish and it is one of my favorites. Macaroni Joes variety rated very, very highly with me -- despite the spelling error. The dish came on a bed of Orzo, with a red tomato sauce the was more "particulate" than "soupy." There was a rich collection of fish, shrimp, scallops, and an entire lobster tail... I loved it!
Although I never saw the main part of the restaurant ... the food and the service in the bar was first-rate. I'd go again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank MovinOn2
kevinAmarillo, General Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you!!!
I promise on the next menu printing we will see the ciopinno error. It's so nice to hear from a customer who sat in our lovely bar area, we strive to make it appealing and a great choice for dinner seating as opposed to a substitute. Thank you again for the positive review, the internet has become such a tool in business promotion and customers like yourself that have a good experience and take the time to share that are rare and much sought after. San Francisco is one of my favorite places on Earth and being mentioned in the same sentence with them cuisine wise is high praise. I hope you choose to dine with us again if you ever find yourself back in the Texas.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

For some reason, the website on the internet says Kentucky, but it faces the frontage road/interstate boulevard. Specifically, 1500 Interstate Boulevard, rather than 1619 South Kentucky Street. It is also next to Schlotzky's Deli when you need to look for it.
As you walk through the doors, you feel like you are transported back to Italy. Music was softly playing - Christmas music in this case. The dining area is two stories tall, Italian facades painted realistically. Then comes the menu, which is full of delicious choices. Don't miss the Lasagna-it is wonderful. the Lemon-Garlic Shrimp with pasta rocks too. Picking from the wine list could be hard, because the wine room was packed to the ceiling with bottles. Then, at last, make decisions about the dessert-(good luck with that). There is so much to pick from, so bring some people and get them all to get one entree and dessert and pass it around the table. You won't go wrong!

1  Thank SantaFeDiva
kevinAmarillo, General Manager at Macaroni Joes, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I apologize that it has taken so long for us to properly thank you. We are so happy that you enjoyed your evening at Macaroni Joe's. We strive to make our restaurant better every single day, and guests like yourself you take the time from your busy life to share your experience with others makes a huge difference in our business and we greatly appreciate you. Can't wait to see you again. Thank you

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We eat there every night we are in Amarillo. Great wine list. A Sommelier even! The food fantastic. Try the millionaire tacos, mob chicken, or filet. Wonderful staff. Great bar too. And reasonably priced. Go there! You'll love it

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Amazing restaurant! We had the baby Osso Bucco for an appetizer and it was wonderful! They have a great wine list with lots of different wines and price ranges. I had the filet with gorgonzola butter and added the spinach as an extra side.My steak was on par with nice steakhouses in the DFW area. My husband got the veal oscar which was amazing as well. The crab in the oscar style tasted very fresh. From the moment we stepped into Macaroni Joe's we were greeted with friendly smiles and they even knew our last name and the time on the reservation (We just gave them the first name). We will be back to Macaroni Joe's.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hubby and I had the pleasure of dining at Macaroni Joe's on Sept. 24, 2012 with colleagues as we passed through Amarillo headed to Canadian, TX. We were absolutely stunned with the extensive wine list and incredibly diverse dinner menu.

I had the Cioppino over Orzo rice, which was absolutely divine. My husband had the Osso Bucco, and he was quite impressed with it especially given he makes a good Osso Bucco himself. They have the standard fare of pasta, chicken and steak which apparently is quite good. However, what put this restaurant over the top was their ability to make excellent dishes that are NOT the standard fare.