All reviewsroom was cleanindoor poolwafflessausageolder hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulnight staynice stayrooms are largeroad triphot breakfasttexaswestinterstate
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. In the hallways it was very stuffy feeling like you can't breath. The room was clean and nice. Then when we got on the bed, it was like laying on plywood! The bed was the worst I have ever slept on. It was like sleeping on the floor. The breakfast was a small continental breakfast, wasn't bad but not the best. It was my husband, myself, and three kids (2 teenagers and one 8 yr old). The pool was okay, was outdoor. We found a nicer hotel for just a few more dollars that had an indoor pool that was bigger, and a jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Got in and the place is okay - reasonably clean, small indoor pool, guy behind the desk was tattoo-ed with an earring in his eyebrow and when I asked about a fitness center was completely stumped. Fortunately he was not behind the desk alone and a women emerged with a guest pass to a local gym. In the room now and the room walls are thin. Bring earplugs.

Bring noseplugs too. The air quality was fine when we arrived at 6:30 - at 8:00 it now smells like a stockyard in the middle of slaughter season outside. I mean, it stinks bad. I don' t know what the deal is here but if you can find a different city to stay in further down the road I would take it. REAL sorry we stopped here!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 18, 2008

It was a great hotel to stay at. The front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend it if your looking for a quiet nice hotel.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Best Western Amarillo Inn is an old hotel about 1/2 mile off of I-40. They originally put us in the wrong type of room. We weren't going to bother changing because it was so late, but then it turned out the toilet in the room didn't work. We were then upgraded to a "suite" which had a kitchenette and separate sitting area. The bed in this room, like the bed in the other, seems very old--the kind that bows in the middle and where you can feel the spring. The carpet is old and coming up. The linens, including the towels and bed sheets, are threadbare and worn. While our stay was relatively inexpensive (~$75), it was not significantly cheaper than other places in town that are nicer (Baymont and Drury Inn). This would be fine as a last option hotel: it does seem clean and relatively quiet. But there are too many other choices in Amarillo to go this way. My advice: find another place to stay. We definitely will.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed December 14, 2007

After reading other reviews, we decided to stay at the Best Western while driving through Amarillo. When we arrived there a storm was approaching and it was very cold. Our room just didn't want to warm up so we went to the front desk. Within minutes there was a service person at our door to fix the heat. Everything else was just as we expected. We would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2007