All reviewsroom was cleanindoor poolwafflessausageolder hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulnight staynice stayrooms are largeroad triphot breakfasttexaswestinterstate
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The driveway is very steep and our moving truck became stuck, leaving half the truck in the road. We had to call the police to block traffic and a large tow truck. When I frantically told the front desk clerk, he shrugged and said this happens all the time, but there is a small, unlit sign saying the driveway is steep. Thankfully, the tow truck driver was very quick and said vehicles get stuck every few days in their parking lot.

When we finally made it to the room, it was dirty. The parking lot felt unsafe and someone was lurking around my vehicle. When I went outside to investigate, they took off and I moved my car near the front door.

I called Best Western International to complain, but have not heard back. A simple light on the sign or a hanging sign over the driveway would be an inexpensive fix and save a lot of trouble.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

I am so sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. Unfortunately, the driveway is something that cannot be changed easily, so we put out a large lighted sign there to direct you to our next entrance that is much easier for large vehicles. I do apologize that your room seemed unclean and will be addressing that with the housekeeping staff as well. Our neighborhood is very safe and we do not have break in and/or theft issues here. We do also patrol the parking lots about every hour just to be sure of that. Again, I do apologize that you were unhappy here and do sincerely hope you will give us another chance to give you the stay that you deserve.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. There was very little traffic nearby. The location of the hotel couldn't have been better. We were close to a lot of popular restaurants and attractions, but not among busy traffic.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. Take good care.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

It's not a great hotel, period. But, considering we've recently had worse experience at hotels, I'll give them a 3 out of 5. Our major concern was that they put us on a smoking room, twice (we don't smoke). We were initially put on a smoking room that was stinky as hell. We requested to be moved to another room. They placed us on another smoking room, but at least this second room wasn't as stinky as the previous one. Positives: they have a small functional gym, heated swimming pool, free parking, and a complimentary good breakfast (for a motel).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

First, we do apologize for the "smokey" room. We are a fully non-smoking hotel but sometimes, sadly, guests will smoke in them anyway. We have notified housekeeping and will get those rooms taken care of immediately. Again, we do apologize and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stopped in Amarillo on a Thursday night in mid-March. Usually stay at the quaint but inexpensive BW Santa Fe on the east end of town, but for some reason all the standard rate rooms were $124 a night instead of the usual $70-75. I even called BW reservations, they said no reason why. So off to the other BW on the west end of town. I stayed there last about 7 years ago and didn't like it then, no improvement now. At least the rate was $80 plus tax, better then $124 plus tax.

Let's see, froze in the bed due to paper thin blanket and no comforter, furnace fan reminded me of a 757 at take off, entire room dated from maybe 1990's, stained sheet, shower/tub water mixer was nearly impossible to figure out for where hot was, toilet ran and refilled every 10 minutes... Breakfast was wonderful if you like all white flour pastries and breads. Paper bowls for deal held maybe 2 ounces of cereal, plastic spoons could have been cheaper, maybe, in Bangladesh.

Night staff guy was real nice and efficient. Only bright spot of the stay.

Lest you think I don't know BW quality, I am a diamond member so have stayed in quite a few. Now I will remember to avoid Amarillo and stay elsewhere, if wanting BW.

Value a 3/10, price a 4/10, comfort a 1/10, food a 2/10. Try somewhere else, not the nearby BW Santa Fe either...

1  Thank cheapdental

First we would like to apologize for the service you received. I assure you that the maintenance issues have been addressed and corrected. Customer service is very import to us and we try to resolve every issue to the best of our ability.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel itself was ok, but the front desk service was very poor! The sheets were old and gray. The "breakfast" was nothing notable, just enough to get you going. Could have stayed in a Motel 6 for less money...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am not sure what the specific issues were with the staff, but please know that we do not tolerate poor service in any area of the hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We do hope you will give us another chance in the future and allow us to provide you with excellent service.