All reviewsroom was cleanindoor poolwafflessausageolder hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulnight staynice stayrooms are largeroad triphot breakfasttexaswestinterstate
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stopped in Amarillo on a Thursday night in mid-March. Usually stay at the quaint but inexpensive BW Santa Fe on the east end of town, but for some reason all the standard rate rooms were $124 a night instead of the usual $70-75. I even called BW reservations, they said no reason why. So off to the other BW on the west end of town. I stayed there last about 7 years ago and didn't like it then, no improvement now. At least the rate was $80 plus tax, better then $124 plus tax.

Let's see, froze in the bed due to paper thin blanket and no comforter, furnace fan reminded me of a 757 at take off, entire room dated from maybe 1990's, stained sheet, shower/tub water mixer was nearly impossible to figure out for where hot was, toilet ran and refilled every 10 minutes... Breakfast was wonderful if you like all white flour pastries and breads. Paper bowls for deal held maybe 2 ounces of cereal, plastic spoons could have been cheaper, maybe, in Bangladesh.

Night staff guy was real nice and efficient. Only bright spot of the stay.

Lest you think I don't know BW quality, I am a diamond member so have stayed in quite a few. Now I will remember to avoid Amarillo and stay elsewhere, if wanting BW.

Value a 3/10, price a 4/10, comfort a 1/10, food a 2/10. Try somewhere else, not the nearby BW Santa Fe either...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cheapdental
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

First we would like to apologize for the service you received. I assure you that the maintenance issues have been addressed and corrected. Customer service is very import to us and we try to resolve every issue to the best of our ability.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel itself was ok, but the front desk service was very poor! The sheets were old and gray. The "breakfast" was nothing notable, just enough to get you going. Could have stayed in a Motel 6 for less money...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am not sure what the specific issues were with the staff, but please know that we do not tolerate poor service in any area of the hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We do hope you will give us another chance in the future and allow us to provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Best Western Medical Center Inn, Amarillo, TX. has always made my trips for business and medical appointments more of a joy rather than a lot of stress. Even if it was walking me to my room because I couldn't get the key to work. Now they have great new locks! Their staff is the greatest. They go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. Be sure to stop in if you're in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Thank M. J

First we would like to thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you are happy. We are truely sorry that this last stay was under those circumstances. We look forward to seeing you and serving you again under better circumstances.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Over all its a good value and close to major hospitals in Amarillo and to shopping and major food services.... I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay that's clean and not going to break the Bank....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Fabian S,

We're glad your stay with us was exceptional. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Not very clean. Hair and dirt in corners. Very noisy. No insulation between floors. Also my room was facing parking lot. The cars sounded like they were in my room. Excellent breakfast and very friendly personnel. It's ok if you come in late and leave early.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs. Also make sure your door doesn't open towards parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Debby T,

Thank you for your feedback as we are always trying to improve. We will certainly look into those housekeeping issues. We do hope to see you again on your next trip.