All reviews room was clean indoor pool waffles sausage older hotel the staff was friendly and helpful night stay nice stay rooms are large road trip hot breakfast texas west interstate
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel itself was ok, but the front desk service was very poor! The sheets were old and gray. The "breakfast" was nothing notable, just enough to get you going. Could have stayed in a Motel 6 for less money...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am not sure what the specific issues were with the staff, but please know that we do not tolerate poor service in any area of the hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We do hope you will give us another chance in the future and allow us to provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Best Western Medical Center Inn, Amarillo, TX. has always made my trips for business and medical appointments more of a joy rather than a lot of stress. Even if it was walking me to my room because I couldn't get the key to work. Now they have great new locks! Their staff is the greatest. They go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. Be sure to stop in if you're in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Thank M. J

First we would like to thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you are happy. We are truely sorry that this last stay was under those circumstances. We look forward to seeing you and serving you again under better circumstances.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Over all its a good value and close to major hospitals in Amarillo and to shopping and major food services.... I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay that's clean and not going to break the Bank....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Fabian S,

We're glad your stay with us was exceptional. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Not very clean. Hair and dirt in corners. Very noisy. No insulation between floors. Also my room was facing parking lot. The cars sounded like they were in my room. Excellent breakfast and very friendly personnel. It's ok if you come in late and leave early.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs. Also make sure your door doesn't open towards parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Debby T,

Thank you for your feedback as we are always trying to improve. We will certainly look into those housekeeping issues. We do hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I live in Amarillo but sometimes want to get away from the desire to work at home, rather than relaxing. So, I take time out for a staycation once in a while..
I went on price line to try to bid on a room, hoping for a good deal and a nice room.
Best Western Medical was the only option that popped up for the price.
Good points: The staff was friendly. The room had been redone and was very large and clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. Hot, and there were eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and of course, the waffle baker.
Bad points: The hot tub did not work. It was a long way from my room if I wanted to walk down and outside to another building to use it. The TV signal kept going out and off for some reason. And when I got in one of the beds ( I had 2 beds), the top sheet on the end was torn. The sheets were thin and worn. The other bed was better but the sheets were still thin and worn. They need replacing.

After checking prices, I realized I didn't get much of a deal on the price as the normal price was about $2 less than the price for that night. Do your homework on a price before bidding to see if you will get a good deal. I didn't get one. And I could not get a refund, even though the hotel that night claimed to be full and I had issues with the hotel.

If I were from out of town, and had a sick family member in BSA or Northwest Hospital as many do, when coming there,I guess it would be ok for a night or two. If you want somewhere nicer, I suggest Sleep Inn and Suites on I-40 West. They do cost a little more but the hotel is more compact, and is new. It is not far from Coulter Street or the hospitals at all.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is quieter. If you like swimming in the pool or using the hot tub, be sure to ask for a room near those things. Room 250's are not near that.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear austintravel51,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We will certainly look into those issues.