I live in Amarillo but sometimes want to get away from the desire to work at home, rather than relaxing. So, I take time out for a staycation once in a while..
I went on price line to try to bid on a room, hoping for a good deal and a nice room.
Best Western Medical was the only option that popped up for the price.
Good points: The staff was friendly. The room had been redone and was very large and clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. Hot, and there were eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and of course, the waffle baker.
Bad points: The hot tub did not work. It was a long way from my room if I wanted to walk down and outside to another building to use it. The TV signal kept going out and off for some reason. And when I got in one of the beds ( I had 2 beds), the top sheet on the end was torn. The sheets were thin and worn. The other bed was better but the sheets were still thin and worn. They need replacing.
After checking prices, I realized I didn't get much of a deal on the price as the normal price was about $2 less than the price for that night. Do your homework on a price before bidding to see if you will get a good deal. I didn't get one. And I could not get a refund, even though the hotel that night claimed to be full and I had issues with the hotel.
If I were from out of town, and had a sick family member in BSA or Northwest Hospital as many do, when coming there,I guess it would be ok for a night or two. If you want somewhere nicer, I suggest Sleep Inn and Suites on I-40 West. They do cost a little more but the hotel is more compact, and is new. It is not far from Coulter Street or the hospitals at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the friendliest service in Amarillo! We are conveniently located 1/2 mile North of Interstate 40 and in the Heart of the Harrington Regional Medical District. We offer a full range of amenities from our Indoor pool/hot tub, HOT breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn West Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Medical Hotel Amarillo
- Best Western Amarillo Hotel
- Amarillo Best Western