While we didn't expect world-class luxury from this aging Best Western, we weren't prepared for the inconvenience of the walk-up second floor, the outdoor jaunt to the indoor pool, or the discomfort of the too-cold pool and the too-hot spa. The hot tub, in fact, has a permanent sign prohibiting use by those under 14 due to high water temps. This was not only a disappointment to several families we observed, but puzzling -- can the temperature not be turned down a bit? For those who go with the expectation of enjoying an indoor swim, the hours were restrictive, and the pool equipment was not in good repair or cleanliness. On the upside: our suite was wonderfully roomy, the kind of layout we would appreciate on a multi-day visit with family -- a separate room and closet for the master bed, a generous living room with a desk and galley kitchen, a large bathroom. OK if you're aware of these things before you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the friendliest service in Amarillo! We are conveniently located 1/2 mile North of Interstate 40 and in the Heart of the Harrington Regional Medical District. We offer a full range of amenities from our Indoor pool/hot tub, HOT breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn West Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Medical Hotel Amarillo
- Best Western Amarillo Hotel
- Amarillo Best Western