“We liked”

Ranked #46 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Texas
“We liked”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here during family hospital stay, room was clean and looked nice only thing I did not like was the towels they felt like sandpaper. but we were pleased with everything else. Breakfast was good, we had eggs, sausage bisquits and gravy, juice. They had a few other things as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank shineTexas
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed March 31, 2012

On a trip through Amarillo with our pet, we found the LaQuinta West full, so the desk clerk referred the Best Western Med Ctr, which was a few blocks away. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast variety was good, and fresh. The lobby and amenities were nice but the desk clerk failed to mention that they charge a $20 pet fee, whereas LaQuintas are free. I had some reservations about the safety and security of their parking lot, as when I pulled into a space to unload, there was a vehicle with a window broken out, CD's all over the ground and the radio and CD player ripped out of the dashboard. I reported it to the desk clerk and around 4 AM, we were awakened by tow truck hauling the car away. Double queen beds with the pet fee was $114.30, a bit much for a mediocre stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BWMCI_GMPatel, General Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I want to start off by thanking you for leaving us a response and am glad you enjoyed your stay. As far as the security of our property goes, our night clerks do rounds every hour to ensure that the grounds are safe for our guests. Then again, we cannot guarantee that something like this will not happen in the future but we can certainly try to prevent it. That specific case seems to be from an old relationship of the woman's and it is just unfortunate it happened on our property. I do hope you consider us again on your next visit, take care!
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I am from Amarillo and recently had some plumbing repairs done at my home. I wanted a hotel that was located close to I-40, but did'nt sit right off I-40 (too noisy). The rooms are huge,they have obviously had a recent remodel, and were very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a great variety of hot and cold (cereals) breakfast foods! I will definitely recommed this hotel when I have clients or family members coming to town!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
BWMCI_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We appreciate the positive feedback and are glad your stay with us was pleasant. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The staff was friendly and very helpful. It is very close to the hospital which was the reason for my trip. The rooms were recently renovated with carpet and furniture, however, they should have put some of that money on the bed. It was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep and have to drive 4 hours back home. Also, can hear the people above me walking around. I will not return just because the bed is so hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
BWMCI_GMPatel, General Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for your feedback as we are always trying to improve. I do hope you consider us again as the firmness of beds do differ throughout the property. Again, thank you for your review.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We haved stayed at this motel-hotel for the past 4 or 5 years. It has undergone a remodel and upgrade. We had no real complaints on the room at all but the breakfast was a little short. They had bisquits but was out of gravy, no omlette. We notified the desk as the person working the breakfast area didn't speak english, but she kept the area super clean. The desk apoligized.

Room Tip: We asked for a King non smoking and that is exactly what we had on arrival.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BWMCI_GMPatel, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for not having all the breakfast items in stock during your stay. I can assure you that we will have everything ready for your next arrival. We do appreciate your loyalty to our property and look forward to seeing you soon, take care.
surrey, UK
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Booked as part of a whole tour traveeling from East to West on route 66 with my 11 and 4 years olds

The hotel is in the hospital district, easy to find and plenty of parking. Parking near rooms is easy.

The room was huge with a fridge and microwave. Juliette balcony looking over carpark but out to amazing sunset. Two big double beds.

Laundry facility was cheap but slow and only limited machines so I queued for ages.

Nearby to interstate, shopping centre and Amarillo Boulevard (original route 66) for lovely quaint sites

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank willowhopkins
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you on your next trip throughout the states, take care!
Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2010

This place was a total dump. The room smelled moldy and the whole place looked run down. We were on a road trip and pre-booked this hotel. Had we not driven 12 plus hours, there is no way we would have stayed here. We were just too tired to look for another hotel. This place was way over priced for the quality. Do yourself a favor and look for another hotel. I usually check out trip advisor and take other travelers advice. I should have checked others opinions about this place before I booked it. The area that this hotel is located in is seedy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. The time of your stay was the finish of our major renovation and turnaround of the company as it was my first month on the property. I do apologize for any inconveniences which occurred during your visit. I am proud to say that everything was completed in May. I hope you consider trying us again in the near future, take care.

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels