“nice remodeled hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Amarillo
Fort Worth Texas
“nice remodeled hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is being remodeled and is on the east side of Amarillo. It is close to the world famous Big Texan Steakhouse and close to downtown Amarillo. Nice variety on the breakfast but small room which is actually the hotel lobby. Hotel was clean and right off the interstate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear NY Texan,

I am very pleased to hear that we provided you with exceptional customer service and that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. Please give me a call if I can assist in booking your future reservation. Happy Travels!

Andria Keelin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Waskom, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a comfort over night stay at this hotel. We will definitely return to the same location on our return trip home. All of the staff from check in to cleaning, was very friendly & helpful. The room was very clean. The pool & breakfast service was nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Ann,

I am so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and were able to provide exceptional customer care. We appreciate your loyal business and I am looking forward to seeing you on your next stay! Safe travels!

Grapevine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Good value with military discount for accomodations as expected. Comfortable bed, good A/C. Breakfast could be improved. It was the same as all other Best Westerns -- gets old after the third or fourth stay in a row. Bananas gone when we got there at 8:30.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andria K, Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Selma,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that we could provide a great Military Rate for you. We are definitely working to improve our breakfast so I appreciate any feedback. Please stay with us after our remodel is complete so we can have a chance to really wow you!

Pasco, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Just remodeled. Poor construction quality. Room & information signs were falling off the walls. Looks good on the surface but don't look at the details.
Eating breakfast with 14 other people in the small lobby was a joke.
The room was a nice size and the room rate with the AARP discount was nice.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ChurchClown
Church Clown,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Though we are in the process of remodeling it will not be completely finished until September. I appreciate your patience with us and hope that you give us a chance to wow you after our completed remodel. I am glad that we were able to give you a nice AARP rate. If I can further assist you in any way please call me at 806-372-1885.

McKinney, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Carpets in room, hallway, and stairs were all filthy,. The rear of hotel Security door would not close automatically and when told the hotel did nothing about it. terrible breakfast, We could barely see out of room window as it was so dirty. A/C barely workable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

King G,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our remodel will be complete next month and we will have new carpet! I would love for you to give us a try again so we can provide you with exceptional service! Thank you for your constructive criticism, I will keep all of these things in mind when making hotel improvements.

Denton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Of special mention, Andria Keelin, manager, and Aryanna and Sonia of housekeeping. These
;people pay so much special attention to their guests, that it makes any stay at this Best Western
Santa Fe a special treat. We have been staying at this particular Best Western during our trips
back and forth from Colorado to Texas, and Texas to Colorado for a good many years, and see
no need to change where we stay because we are totally happy with the service, cleanliness, and friendly atmosphere.
Cheers!
Ron Garcia

Room Tip: Plan ahead!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie,

I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback! I'm pleased that Sonia & Aryanna could provide you with you outstanding service. It will mean alot to them that you mentioned them! I'm very honored to have you as a Loyal Customer. Please give me a call to book your next reservation so we may continue to provide exceptional service for you!

PRESTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Spent two nights here at the end of June. Had booked about 8 months earlier and specifically requested a strictly non smoking room. Unfortunately the room we were given smelt of smoke and when I mentioned this to reception I was told that the hotel was now all non-smoking and all the rooms were being re-modelled but it takes time for the smell to disappear.
The morning we were leaving I did notice in the guest directory that only 3 rooms had previously been smoking rooms and ours was one of them-surely for someone requesting a strictly non-smoking room we could have been accomodated in another room especially as the hotel was only half full!!
Pool area was lovely however although No Smoking signs we up several guests did smoke and no staff asked them to stop even though the reception desk had full view of the pool area.
I hope when the hotel is fully renovated things will improve.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Andria K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Linda,

I sincerely apologize that you were placed in a previous smoking room. When we placed you in your rooms we should have paid more attention to that. Our remodel will be complete next month and I do hope that you try us again so we have a chance to please you! We hope to see you soon!