Best Western Santa Fe
Camelot Inn(Amarillo)
  • Free Internet
Big Texan Motel(Amarillo)
View Hotel
All reviewswestern hotelsbed was very comfortablesausageroad tripexcellent staywould stay here againeasy accessnice roomfirst floorbiscuitsnight's sleepone night staygreat place to staybig texanyogurtthe breakfast areastaff was friendly
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The room is old, carpet ripped. Carpet dirty, bed hard and a desk chair older than my grandmother. Wouldn't let my dog stay here! Smoke filled hallway stench! Desk clerk friendly, but doesn't make up for the awful furniture, dirty ripped carpet, tiny shower and toilet area.

Room Tip: If you want easy on and off I-40 in Amarillo, and don't care about clean or comfort, then stay here, otherwise move on down the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rinda H
Kristina M, Manager at Best Western Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Rinda H
I am so sorry to hear how you felt about your stay with us. I do want you to know we are in the middle of a remodel and we have new carpet and furniture coming in to all our guest rooms along with new lighting, tile in the bathrooms, and much much more. Please give us another chance to WOW you after our remodel is complete! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The reservation (made in mid-April) was for a ground floor handicap room with twin queen beds for 3 persons. When we checked in they only had second floor accommodation (No Elevator) available that met the reservation request. The hotel clerk (Diane) blamed the Best Western Internet Reservation system and myself for the mess up. After several forceful discussions, the hotel provided a smelly smoking room and another nonsmoking room on the ground floor as a solution. The reservation was for two nights while we toured the sights of Amarillo. When I returned to Dallas, I discovered that the hotel had placed an unauthorized charge for the second room for Saturday night. I have refused to accept this charge with American Express. The memory of the 2 day touring visit of Amarillo has been ruined by the continuing dispute with this hotel.

Room Tip: Not recommended as a hotel to stay when in Amarillo. There are lots of other options
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dallas3100
Kristina M, Manager at Best Western Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Dallas3100
I am truly sorry you did not have a good experience with us on your recent stay. We do have handicap rooms on the ground floor and those rooms only have a single bed. When you made your reservation online you booked two queen beds and requested a handicap room. We did see this note however by the time you booked we did not have any rooms left on the ground floor for that night that had two queen beds. We did try our best to accommodate you for the night by giving you the one room free. We had openings on the second night for two queen beds and had planned to move you however our weekend clerk never heard back from you before housekeeping left. So we were unable to get you moved. We do apologize that we had to charge you for the second night in the second room because we were unable to get you moved. We hope that you can accept this apology. If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call. I would be happy to speak with you!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

was pleased with overall experiance. Helpful and friendly staff. Easy access and parking. Bed could have been a little more comfortable and a blanket available without asking for it would have been a nice touch. Over all was pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kristina M, Manager at Best Western Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear ArthurNormanH,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am sorry there was not a blanket available in your room. I will make sure that this does not happen again in the future. We strive here at the Best Western Santa Fe Inn to treat every guest every time like family. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then have a great time!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

we had booked at a different hotel, but upon arrival chose not to stay there. Having 2 dogs, we were so happy BW was able to secure a room for us. This property is undergoing a upgrade, and is looking good. Hard work and pride showing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kristina M, Manager at Best Western Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear RobertH,
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are undergoing a remodel and we are very proud of our work. Thanks for noticing! We do hope you come back to see out finished product. Until then, "Happy Travels!"

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This Best Western has great eastbound I-40 access & very comfortable rooms. The beds have nice fluffy pillows and shower had good water pressure. It has really comfortable beds and a very attentive staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kristina M, Manager at Best Western Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear L24220Brobertd,
Thank you for the kind review! I am so glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We do hope you come and see us again next time your in Amarillo!