Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East
Hampton.com
$89
$104
$119
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
$110
$100
$96
$90
All reviewsbig texanclose to the airportcinnamon rollssausageparking lot isgreat showerhotel chainfront desk clerkindoor poolroom was clean and comfortablefree breakfastarrived latebooked this hotelking suitenight's sleepwest sidehie
Reviewed June 25, 2014

En route to Oklahoma, our 2nd and final night of a 1400+ mile road trip after a 8 hour drive from Las Cruces, NM. I use Holiday Inn's and IHG properties when I can. This did not disappoint, familiar quality, service and hospitality. Right off I-40 and easy access to food, gas and other businesses we had a great stopover. Kudo's to staff who had a color board with our name indicating us as VIP Customers.

Room Tip: Amazing that our room was ground floor on the I-40 side of the hotel. Quiet as ever, good soundproofing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Proximity to airport is nice. Check in was simple and quick.
I can see this hotel being an issue if you don't have a vehicle. Its only within walking distance of one restaurant (buffalo wild wings) and a couple gas stations. There are no sidewalks, no places to walk.
My room was clean, I did not have any issues with the water temperature. I may try a different HI Express in town the next time I'm there.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Jeff K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I really like HI EX, but this place is unlike any others at which I've stayed. It has some control on the sink and shower faucets that limit you to warm water. The web site states there is an airport shuttle (the location is less than a mile from the airport, but one could not safely walk there even without luggage...no sidewalks on a four lane road); however, when you call on arrival at 5:00 pm, the staff informs you unaologetically that the shuttle does not run after 4:00 pm. The one vending machine serving three floors of rooms is mostly out of stock. When my selection got stuck, it took a staffer 20 minutes to first attempt to shake the large nachine, then to get the key, then fool around with the key for @ five minutes to get it open. I know it's not the Ritz Carlton, but please!

Room Tip: Use the HI EX off Wolfton Ave or the Fairfield Inn by the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear LisaGutts,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do value all feedback we receive from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best experience possible. We are sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced caused by the hotel shuttles service and amenities. Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope you give us the opportunity to regain your confidence by providing the level of quality service that you expect on your next visit.

Zelyn N

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is a great location just off I-40 on the east side of Amarillo. It is very near the airport, the Big Texan Steak House and a number of other restaurants. We travel this highway often headed to/from our vacation home in Colorado. The hotel is always clean, the free breakfast is better then most, and the front desk staff is usually very pleasant. The only consistant problem we have encountered is the pillows which are marked firm or soft on the pillow cases. Most of the time the pillows are all the same no matter what is marked on the cases. Also, you will almost always pay $10.00 to $20.00 more per night at this location then the other Holiday Inn properties further west on I-40. Not sure why that is except this hotel does seem to be full or nearly full most of the time.

Room Tip: rooms on the back side are a little more quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Idratherbesailing69
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The staff were all very friendly. It was located on I-40. The room was clean. The problem was there was no HOT water for a bath or to wash your hands. It was mildly warm, but not HOT. I told the person at the counter about the problem and they said they would tell maintenance when they came on duty. The housekeeping lady said they were told not to wash in the morning because of the lack of hot water. Problem we tried to bath at night. It was too cold, so we waited until the morning. Still not HOT water. I would not stay here unless they could guarantee me there was hot water. When we checked out in the morning, there was a guy from another floor telling the front desk the same thing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Dawn M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see the issues with the hot water prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D