“OK”

Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Dalhart, Texas, United States
“OK”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed there with my family. Was not bad but the property is old and shows its age. checkin was ok ,desk clerk very nice. The room was clean but needs updated. Chair had a large stain which kinda grossed me out. average room a little pricey for a average room.It was just ok !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Corning, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I would not EVER stay at this hotel again. We checked in late and were very tired after 15 hrs on the rd. They gave us a second floor room even though my husband is disabled. We were so tired that we took it. The carpets had only been vacuumed down the center, there was potato chips on the bathroom floor. Still this we were not pleased with but overlooked. When we went to put our daughter into bed and there was a 3 feet long by 7 inch wide human feces streak on the bed ENOUGH was ENOUGH.. I called downstairs and they moved us to a non smoking room. This room was cleaned much better and was also on the first floor. I waited until Monday to call and talk to a manager about this situation as it was a holiday weekend. When I called on Monday I was told there was no manager there and they didn't know when he would be coming in as they were trying to reach him as well and he wasn't answering the phone. Well here it is 9 days later and after leaving my name and number I can't even get a manager to call me back. How professional is that? I STILL want a call back from this manager and do not feel that this is too much to ask. This place is a DUMP... Do not stay here!!!

Room Tip: Unclean rooms, Terrible Customer Service.. Run!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara S

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Ligonier
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is our 3rd time staying at this property over the last couple of years. Always happy with the room. Clean and large. Breakfast is better than average (scrambled eggs/sausage.....ect.) The only problem that I have run in to here is last summer we ended up in the area early in the day and were told that we could NOT get in to the room until 2-3. They had available rooms, but it was just their policy. We had been on the road overnight and just had to go somewhere else. Tried the next day and were told the same thing. Stayed elsewhere again and thought about not coming back. This is the only place that I have ever stayed where they will GLADLY give up a 2 night stay rather than break a ridiculous policy like this.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to stairs/elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank horizontransport
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The location is very convenient to I-40, but there are several other hotels to choose from. I am traveling across the country and this is by far the worst hotel that I've seen. The carpets are disgusting. I would not walk around barefoot. The tv is very fuzzy, wifi is extremely slow. In my opinion it's not even a good value for the price. The room appears to have not been cleaned in a very long time. The dude at the front desk was nice, but the rooms are gross.The hotel market is very competitive in this area. I highly recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My stay at this place was the most disgusting and revolting experience I've yet to endure in hotel stays. First off, the check in was agonizingly long because the computer had malfunctioned and people's reservations weren't even in the system. Nothing like standing around for 45 minutes to get a room after you've been driving for 12 hours. I then dragged my spinner to the room which..and I wish I was joking here...had been a party room that hadn't been cleaned yet. There were stacks of empty beer cans in their cases, the stench of smoke, dirty sheets (I couldn't tell you where the bedspreads went) and O'Henry bars floating in the toilet. So, I turned around and dragged my spinner back to the office where I discovered a mini mob of outraged guests who had no working heat in their rooms. I stood around for another 30-45 minutes and listened to people holler about the heat and finally was re-roomed. The heat barely worked but I couldn't face another trip down to the office. My "clean" room reeked of ciggy smoke and was bare bones. Not one nice touch to this place at all. I really feel it is fair to say if there is one place to avoid in Amarillo, this is THAT place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eagle Nest, New Mexico
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have stayed here several times,have always enjoyed our stay. So has other we have told to stay their. The breakfast is good and fresh. The motel is close to any shopping that you might want to do. Restaurants close by.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed over for a night on our drive home. We had a King bed and couch and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel overall. Clean room, nice shower, easy check in. Perfect and at a good price for a quick one night stay. We felt safe and slept well. The breakfast was pretty good as well, with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and cereal and breads like many other hotel breakfasts. We had a nice experience overall and will plan on staying again if we are in Amarillo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple