“BAD BAD BAD - NO HOT WATER, BATHTUB DIDN'T DRAIN, NO TV REMOTE”
Review of Quality Inn East

Quality Inn East
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Oklahoma
“BAD BAD BAD - NO HOT WATER, BATHTUB DIDN'T DRAIN, NO TV REMOTE”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The hotel booked our room not at the time of arrival - knowing the hot water wasn't working. Only when we complained did they offer a 20% discount. That on the top of the bathtub not draining the COLD water and the TV remote not working made this stay terrible. If those things don't bother you - then this is the hotel for you.....

Room Tip: This hotel booked our reservation KNOWING THEY DID NOT HAVE HOT WATER - only when we complained did...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed October 17, 2011

front desk clerk not too friendly, got a ground floor room as requested, but NO Hot Water at all, was not able to take a shower or bath, very disapointed for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: trucks park on left side of building making pulling in and out of a parking spot very tough
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Faces I40. Had room at back so it wasnt too noisy. Ideal as an overnight stopover but nothing more. Breakfast fine, pool pleasant, room okay (no fridge) if in need of good springclean-could smell stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Upon check in, I asked specifically told the gal I wanted to be parekd near office, as last time someone tried to scam me in parking lot. She said " oh , we have you over behind the building,lots of people there, no worries. Good neighborhood."
Well, thank goodness for my German Shepard dog, as this time another man in the morning approached me and tried to bumrush me , my passenger was open, or he would have reached me. I yell " NO!" My German Shepard dog was in room, and barked and the man ran. Went to office, lame response from them, no refund, no discount, no nothing! I was so pissed I took my dog,, loaded up and left! This place sucks, and I am a Choice Hotels member..so never, ever again will I stay in any CHOICR HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, ever.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This will be one of my less detailed reviews because of the time that has passed... but I came through about 1 year ago (August 2010) on my way to Philmont Scout ranch traveling solo. I picked the Quality Inn because it had one of the most competitive prices in town and i just needed somewhere to lay down for the night. I still remember being discouraged at the stains on the carpet, the smell of the room, the smell of the comforter, and generally the perceived poor upkeep of the property over time. I remember I actually took the comforter off the bed and brought my sleeping bag in to use as a cover. During breakfast, I remember it was very crowded and I had to wait to get a table- and I was by myself. Well, I'm on my way back through Amarillo on a family trip this time but going to skip the quality inn this time. I'll put it this way for clarity... I have enough points through Choice Hotels that I could stay at this hotel for free and I still won't stay here with my family if that puts it in perspective.

Oh- to find some positive things, the A/C in the room blew cold and was noisy enough it covered up any incidental noise that may have been happening around the room, and the sheets themselves were clean- so I slept good which is why I didn't give it one star.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The exterior of this place looked a little dumpy, but it was a holiday weekend and other places were booked full so we hoped for the best. The room was clean and comfortable. Rates were comparable to other places. Access off I-40 easy. Breakfast was very good. There is an outdoor pool that appeared clean, but we did not use it. There is an IHOP within walking distance that we took advantage of because we were too wiped out to fight anymore traffice once we checked in. The IHOP wasn't the greatest, but it was a meal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. The staff and management of the hotel work hard to ensure that we exceed each of our guest's expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Amarillo area.
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is a good stop for an overnight stay through Amarillo. I would not make it my stay any longer than a day.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for sending us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our staff works diligently to ensure that each of our guest's have a great stay. We will pass on your positive feedback to the staff and management and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Amarillo.