“Thumbs up to the Big Texan”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #12 of 518 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great food and service. Highly recommend this fun restaurant.The BBQ was delicious and the carrot cake for one person was as big as your head.

1  Thank Airbornemama

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great place to stop for a good meal and a different atmosphere. The service was good and very friendly, as I would expect from the local. Yes it is a noisy place, and not a sit down and chat for an hour and a half with close friends. It's the kind of place to enjoy a meal, not a regular quiet place, but the kind of place where you can walk on peanut shells, get an enjoyable meal at a reasonable price, and get out within and hour or so. Great if your passing thru and want something different and not something you would normally go to. I would go there again when I pass thru Amarillo in the future. My wife had the ribs, loved them, my nephew had a big steak, loved it, I had the Catfish (only because I was dieing to have some, since I can't find it at home, and really enjoyed the meal), even though this restaurant is primarily beef or BBQ.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Love the food but it's noisy and I'm not a fan of walking on peanut shells. The waiters are friendly and give good service. Like I stated the food is great, it's just so noisy its hard to carry on a conversation. If you're including children in your meal plans, this is a good place.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was good, but we could not visit with our family or friends because it was so noisy. Service was good

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Got there usual crowd got seated 15 minutes. Ordered drinks and appetizers brought drinks and two appetizers one right one wrong. Said they would replace. Got salads finished them waited 10 minutes told entrees were almost ready and would check on appetizer. Told him to forget it as meal was coming shortly. 2 minutes later entrees arrived. My porterhouse ordered medium rare was cold and tough. No juice at all in it. When waiter checked back when everyone was almost finished I told him this steak was unacceptable. He was very nice and took it immediately. The head waiter came over and asked if I wanted another, I said no everyone else was finished. I was totally amazed they would send a $25 steak out in that condition. Needless to say our party of seven which was my daughters birthday won't be going back again!

1  Thank txbuddy

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!