“LOVE Texas Roadhouse!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #11 of 501 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“LOVE Texas Roadhouse!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse for many reasons, not the least of which is the food is delicious and service is stellar - every time I go, no matter which of their restaurants I visit. They start you off with fresh yeast rolls and cinnamon honey butter, and the hostess carries them to your table when you are seated so there is no waiting. I am not a big bread eater, but I cannot resist these rolls and butter. They are AMAZING!!! There are also roasted peanuts on the table in a pail, lightly salted and very good. If you are dining Monday - Thursday before 6pm, they offer 10 dinner options for $7.99 each. I don't know how they can afford to offer those prices. The options include a 6 oz. sirloin steak that is high quality meat (no gristle, my husband claims it was as good or better than some filets he has had) and tasty. I had the Chicken Fried Steak, which was also delicious. These deals come with two sides, and they have many options from which to choose including salads and baked potatoes. To "load" your potato (baked or sweet), you pay $1 more. That includes butter, sour cream, bacon bits and cheese. I like that arrangement, because you only pay for those extras if you want them. Service was stellar, and made for a great dining experience. I keep eating at Texas Roadhouse over and over, and I haven't been disappointed yet!

Visited September 2012

Amarillo, Texas
“Not a fan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The best part of this place is the rolls. There is something nasty about other peoples food by product, ie- peanut shells being thrown all over the floor, under the tables, on the booth seats. On the last visit, we had the unfortunate honor of being seated in the last booth at the farthest end of the restaurant. There was food on the walls, the blinds on the window. It was gross!! To top it off they overcooked my steak. One last thought, they blast the music so loud that you can barely hear the person speaking across the table from you. How bad is it? Someone gave us a $50 gift certificate and we gave it away to a friend.

Visited June 2012
“Rudest service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Good food but terrible service came for my parents 40Th anniversary had called 2 hours a head for seating because we had a party 12 and wanted a single table for everyone when we showed up the hostesses were terrible said we couldn't be seated because were weren't all here which would have been fine if they weren't seating other party's that were incomplete basically we were treated like idiots by the hostesses and the service manager extremely rude

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tumwater, Washington
“I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I always stay in the Holiday Inn Express next door. So convenient and nothing like a perfect steak, cold beer and great people to wrap up a long day of traveling.

Visited August 2012
Amarillo
“Absolutely the WORST steakhouse in Amarillo!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had the worst experience ever at this place August 2012! The manager/owner is extremely unprofessional and served my husbands hamburger on white bread. The chicken critters were days old and like jerky and there was a hair in my water glass! When we asked him to make this right he said NO! What? He said we should have known that their menu changed and that they don't make substitutions or fix the wrong cheese and that many people eat the white bread and like it. I am writing to the corporate office bc it was that bad! My daughter is now sick off the moldy peanuts! Save your money and go on down to Chilis or Cheddars!