“Delish”

Trail Boss Ranch Cooking
Ranked #254 of 517 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: "Inspired by legendary cuisine from the great ranches of Texas....And beyond" gives you an idea that this is a unique barbeque restaurant and steakhouse. Informal atmosphere with truly savory delights. Yes, there is barbeque, steaks and burgers (even bison burgers), but so much more......Meatloaf, chicken fry, fried catfish, pork loin, smoked turkey breast and a whole lot more. Great homemade sides like potato salad, cole slaw, pinto beans and two kinds of macaroni and cheese. Dessert? We offer cobbler and ice cream or step into The Crave Factory for a wide variety of fabulously creative and utterly delicious bakery items.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We tried this new restaurant with family on a weekday evening. It is not a fancy place, but the food was delish! You order at the counter and pay when you first go in. The food is then brought to your table when ready. This means that depending on what you ordered, not everyone will be served at the same time. I had the ribeye steak and I have to say it is the most flavorful steak I have had in a long time. My husband had the BBQ ribs and the meat was fall off the bone tender and very good. Nice salad bar with an assortment of add ons and condiments including their BBQ sauce. They had two choices of cobbler - which we were too full to order. However, if you wanted something other than that for dessert a small bakery is adjacent to the restaurant. Would recommend for casual dining. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Excellent service.

There are newer reviews for Trail Boss Ranch Cooking

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went to the Trail Boss for the first time yesterday. Walk in and menus are laying on a table, you order fast food style, are given Styrofoam cups to get your own drinks and you pay top dollar price for a steak that doesn't compare to even a mainstream steak house. Baked potato was sliced open still in the foil and had large pieces of foil in the center of it. I will be the first to support a local business but when the food (in my case the steak) isn't the quality of what you pay for then I wont go back. If I am going to spend good money for food then I want the good food and service....This place provided neither.

1  Thank Joe W
Roy L, Owner at Trail Boss Ranch Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thanks for providing feedback to us following your recent visit. We regret that your experience with us didn't meet your expectations. We strive to provide each and every guest with great food, friendly staff and a pleasant atmosphere. The casual/family atmosphere aims to ensure that our guests feel welcome and relaxed......nothing stuffy or pretentious about us. That said, you should have enjoyed one of the greatest steaks anywhere. We apologize if that wasn't the case. We hope you take the opportunity to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was great! I tried my mom's chopped beef and it was as good of not better. 2 kinds of bbq sauce. Can't wait to try the chicken fried steak and catfish!

1  Thank Jeff R