“A great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Denver, Colorado
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed December 27, 2008

This was my second visit to this hotel. Both visits were only overnight stays on the way to Colorado, and for this purpose, the hotel is great. The rooms are clean and quite. The staff are very friendly. If I had a reason to stay longer in Amarillo, I would probably choose this hotel as well.

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Tokyo
Reviewed December 6, 2008

This hotel started out with great promise. The lobby looked nice, the front desk was very friendly, check-in was a breeze. The room was large and clean. The bed comfortable. There was fresh popcorn in the lobby when we arrived and the evening reception which included three free drinks was in full swing. There was salad, baked potatoes, hot dogs, chips, chili, etc. It was enough for a light meal for our family of four after a long day of driving and we were able to get the kids bathed and into bed early. There are also many restaurants in the area including two buffet restaurants next door.

Unfortunately, there were several large groups of people including at least 50 teenagers. They ran up and down halls, yelled and screamed, jumped up and down, slammed fire doors and set off the fire alarm at 10:40 at night. I called and complained to no avail. Their chaperones did nothing to control this out of control behavior. It was made worse by the fact that there was a two inch gap between the door and the floor. It would have helped somewhat had this gap been closed. My 7 year old was unable to sleep with this noise and in the morning, when the teenagers over-ran the breakfast area with their loud and obnoxious behavior my children were shocked to discover that all that noise and the false alarm was caused by teenagers. I had told her they were kids and she assumed they were young children like my two, not teenagers who should have acted better

Anyway, I think that the Drury Inns are probably the type of hotels that attract large groups and loud families and I don' t think I would stay there again. It was our first experience at a Drury Inn and we were really excited to stay there after hearing such great things but the clientele really ruined our experience. I think there are certain brands that are more accepting of this sort of behavior because of the large number of rooms that these groups reserve. If you don't mind staying up until 1:00 in the morning listening to the most boorish behavior and if the sound of fire alarms in the middle of the night don't feel you with dread then this is the place for you.

• Liked — The cleanliness and "extras"
  • Disliked — The other guests....rude, loud, obnoxious
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Dragonmom I
dallas, tx
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed for one night but I wish it was longer. This was the cleanest, nicest hotel we have ever stayed at. It is a fairly new hotel. The breakfast was great too. I will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it is good. The staff is helpful,the rooms clean. The breakfast and evening drinks are nice. It is in a good location for getting around. The only thing missing is a airport shuttle. It is the best place to stay in town.

• Liked — clean,comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — having guest in the hotel with pets
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pcc10
San Antonio
Reviewed October 31, 2008

Staff was friendly, room was clean and even though we were assigned a room near the elevator, all was quiet - an exceptional value for online booking price. Location is great, easy to get to and many, many restaurants within walking distance.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed was soft, prefer firmer bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed October 22, 2008

The hotel was clean, everything worked just fine, but we did run into some issues. When we first checked in, they had us booked for the wrong nights and therefore cancelled our reservations. They finally got us into a room, but when we went into the room, someone was already in there. They made a second attempt and put us in a room that someone was already in. The third time worked just fine.

The pool was out of towels, except for the wet one laying around the pool.

I heard others complaining at the front desk. It appears they had enough staff, but just poorly managed.

I will stay the staff that was working, did a good job and we ended up buying them pizza, they had a very difficult day.

• Liked — The TV in the lobby area
  • Disliked — Poor management
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We got a great deal through Hotwire on the Drury Inn. My partner was skeptical based on a past Drury experience, but was proven wrong in Amarillo. The hotel was new, with great service and amazing amenities. The breakfast was expansive and good, and they served drinks and snacks in the evening - the spread was good enough that we didn't even need to eat dinner! Location was good, there was a movie theater nearby, a mall and restaurants. I wish the pool was a little larger, but otherwise I was very pleased!

• Liked — The food!
  • Disliked — The pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lolatcg