New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Amarillo
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

When traveling through Amarillo on our trips, we always stay here. Excellent evening buffet so do not have to leave hotel to get something to eat; breakfast is also a good buffet. Look forward to having a good place to stop and one day want to stay longer than one night while on road.

Room Tip: Each room we've had in this hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Just wanted to point that out since the person who checked us in failed to let me know. I'm not a smoker and ended up on the 6th floor non smoking section. It's a great room and all if you can just ignore the stale smoke smell when you get off the elevator. Once you get to the non smoking wing, it's terrific.

Rooms were fine. We price lined it. Got a good rate.

Breakfast was hot and expansive.

Hotel was very clean.

Room Tip: Very quiet away from the cars. 6th Floor has a smoking wing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Whether it is a compliment or a complaint I love to hear from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. Half of our six floor is reserved for our smoking guests, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We treat that floor daily with an odor eliminator but the smell is still there, as you experienced. I am happy to hear that the non-smoking section was terrific! I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Maggie Vaughan
ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

as soon as we walked into the lobby we knew we made a great choice. The counter person greeted us with a smile and very friendly. I knew we get free breakfast but to our surprise there was happy hour every night. This was not you plain nachos and wine. This was full meal of pasta and three glasses of wine each. We saved about 75 dollars by not going out for dinner. The rooms were very quiet and confortable. Don't consider any other hotel as this is the best choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank justustravellers
Port Orchard, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Allows pets, they had an extensive breakfast buffet, evening snacks (and drinks), and right off the freeway. It was clean, the bathroom had toiletries, and the staff was very friendly.

Prior to this visit, I had not heard of Drury Inn, but I'll definitely consider them for my future travels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Michielyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best hotel for the price. Located right off I-40, your day starts with a free full breakfast and includes later includes a free happy hour (actually 2 hours).

The rooms are spacious. Swimming pool for the kids. Many restaurants nearby and across the highway from the mall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on April 3, 2014 and it renewed my faith in hospitality in Amarillo. I had a disastrous stay the week before at the Hilton Amarillo and was actually thinking of changing my route back home to avoid Amarillo all together, but I'm glad I didn't or I would have missed this gem! The facility was immaculate the pool and hot tub were great after several hours in the car. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. They offer free popcorn and sodas in the evening on top of a happy hour ( we missed unfortunately). The beds were comfortable and the rooms very clean and bathrooms too! Breakfast in the morning is a hot breakfast eggs, sausage, biscuits gravy and muffins etc. would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Amarillo! Thank You!

Stayed April 2014
arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Drury Inn when we came to Amarillo for a funeral. We had to bring my 8lb poodle but they are pet friendly so it worked out well.

Because they had no first floor rooms they gave us a suite at the same price. With three adults it was perfect. It was clean and neat. The elevators were close and quick so taking the dog out was never a big deal. There are lots of grassy areas around too.

They serve a great breakfast but also serve a meal at night. When we were there it was hot dogs, baked potatoes, two pasta dishes, soup, salad, two kinds of chips and they serve drinks too. This is all free.

I've never stayed at a Drury Inn before but based on this experience I will definitely check them out when I go somewhere that has one.

• Stayed March 2014